poles apart

Re: Newbie advice
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 07:42:10 pm »
david
I agree with Charles about Host. I don't believe you should start with a wet extraction machine (sorry Rod) as there are many disadvantages. Host is practically idiot proof and despite what you may read and hear is just as good if not better in some cases than wet. I'm saying this from experience as only this week I've restored two carpets that were wet cleaned and 'looked great when they left' as the customers said, but whatever system you choose make sure you get the proper training as others have already said.

Good luck!
Rod

Martin S

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 06:36:55 pm »
HWE gives you more versatility.  Upholstery cleaning goes hand in hand with Carpet cleaning and is also a very lucrative side to the business.

Try cleaning Upholstery with a Host machine  ::)
Martin

poles apart

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 07:35:08 am »
I have cleaned uphpolstery with Host, not the machine obviously but just with the sponges. It's not ideal and I only did it to see if I could but I've been carpet cleaning for years and for the first 5 years only did carpets. Upholstery is still only a small part of the business and I now use a Von Schrader Esprit which is nearly dry(10% moisture in the foam)

Rod

Martin S

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 04:20:12 pm »
Exactly my point Rod.  A wet extraction machine allows you to clean both Carpets and Upholstery with one machine (and with better results than dry systems IMO)

To have to buy a Host machine and something like the Von Schrader new would not be cheap.

Considering this is advice for a new start up, when there are things pulling on your bank account from all directions, there is no contest.  Wet wins every time.

There are also a lot more second hand wet systems out there for sale than dry.

Regards.

Ps.  I'd like to see Host clean this.
Martin

poles apart

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 04:43:13 pm »
There are also a lot more second hand wet systems out there for sale than dry.

Says it all really ;)

Martin S

Re: Newbie advice New
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 06:32:59 pm »
Rod,

On the contrary,  it shows clearly how HWE massively outsells dry compound systems.

The reason there are so many secondhand wet systems for sale is that, as you well know, a large proportion of new business start ups in the industry fail, due to lack of proper investment, and an inability to get the business in quickly enough before they starve.  Hence another half price 'nearly new' machine for sale.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

I'll leave any final petty point scoring comments to you!!

;D ;D
Martin