BRSL

what metalised floor polish to use
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:40:21 am »
Hi guys

need some advice, having problems with a local job been using a 25% metalised floor polish on a pub floor, 1 coat down with applicator thin leaving dry for two hours not the fiffteen mins you can get away with, buffing and repeating again but only a couple of mounths later its worn off i know its a busy pub but can any 1 recomend a good hard floor polish that will stay put....
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Re: what metalised floor polish to use
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 06:47:51 pm »
Hi what polish are yu using, we normally use johnsons eternum but always us the undercoat, and then three coats of sealer we never buff in between coats as the most if not all seals need time to cure fully.

Hope this helps,

Best regards Nick

rodcope

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:17:11 pm »
I would recommend 2 coatts of  Selexcel after a coat of acrylic base coat. I have used this on waraheouse and print room vinyl floors, where pallet and fork lift trucks operate, the polish has remained for over 12 months with regular ( quartely) maintenence. Sedens products are wdely avaialbe see the express supplies website.   

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 09:32:39 am »
Nick that is uncanny, you used the exact words I was going to use!!!!!

I have now changed to Greyland Wet-look polish it is brilliant!!!! :D

BRSL

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 10:59:45 pm »
thanks guys  ;D
oh a bit rude on my behalf im James got a partner Claire just set up Pile Profile carpet, upholstery and hard floor cleaning and maintainance just thought id do some introductions as i seem to be spending a lot of time on this site and have noticed so do you, good to chat with you folks, the poilish i use is evans emullshion will have too give yours a crack I like the sound of the wet look

Thanks James and Claire
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C