Re: So I thought I would work today
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 08:23:32 am »
Bit rude turning up on a bank holiday innit?

Not so much rude as desperate.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 08:39:21 am »
I need to work a couple of hours today, to keep my rounds in order due to family health issues.
Over the many years ive worked a number of bank holidays but ive never started before 10.  ;D i need a lay in never mind the customers.

you only work 10 hours a month so why do you need to work a late summer bank holiday monday?  ::)roll ;D

the local window cleaner where my partner lives was working yesterday at 9am(i was taking the dog for a walk before heading off to chester zoo! :)).......each to their own but theres no way he needs to work a bank hol,he s only got a small tin pot crap paying round.....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 08:44:29 am »
Yeh 10am would have been a better time to start.

However it seems a bit pointless starting at that time as you've wasted half the day so best policy is to just to not work them I think.

why is it a waste starting at 10am?i often start at 930am-10am........and work til around 3pm-4pm...thats a full day for me these days... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 08:46:39 am »
I've never had a issue working a BH  myself     I usually work them but I've been working 6 days a week for last few months so I had a well deserved day off today.

how do you work 6 days a week window cleaning?i couldnt stomach it myself these days...

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 10:47:19 am »

Well yeh I was desperate to get some work done so as to try and keep the round getting any further behind than it is.

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 10:49:44 am »

However it seems a bit pointless starting at that time as you've wasted half the day so best policy is to just to not work them I think.

why is it a waste starting at 10am?i often start at 930am-10am........and work til around 3pm-4pm...thats a full day for me these days... ;D

Because if I wake at 7 I'm just going to be day there till 10 twiddling my thumbs

I'd rather be out at 8 or so and home for 2 then time to do something else with the day.

If I'm not rolling in whilst 4 PM by the time I've got van and custs sorted and had something to eat etc it's too late to do anything.

I never start later than 9 if I'm not out by 9 I'm not going out

nathankaye

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 12:12:19 pm »

What a stupid comment to make!
So all the workers who happen to work on bank holidays are desperate.  What about all the many petrol stations open on a bank holiday, are they desperate to make money and the staff are desperate for their pay?    Yet if they weren't open, all the non desperate people who are travelling would be cursing. Never mind if all the places they wanted to visit were closed, because they didnt need to be open cause they arent desperate!
😂
😂

If normally he works from that time in the morning, he could be forgiven as its just another working day for him.  However a  later start would have been more suitable, taking into account it is a day off for many others
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2019, 12:52:26 pm »

So all the workers who happen to work on bank holidays are desperate.  What about all the many petrol stations open on a bank holiday, are they desperate to make money and the staff are desperate for their pay?    Yet if they weren't open, all the non desperate people who are travelling would be cursing. Never mind if all the places they wanted to visit were closed, because they didnt need to be open cause they arent desperate!
😂
😂

If normally he works from that time in the morning, he could be forgiven as its just another working day for him.  However a  later start would have been more suitable, taking into account it is a day off for many others

As I said Nathan I never work bank holiday, only reason I gave it ago yesterday is because I'm away next week and I'm already behind. If I wasn't going away there is no way I would have worked it.

Am I desperate for money...nope

Desperate to get some work done, yes perhaps, I don't like the fact I have to have a day off when I really didn't want one..
.. but I'll make sure I remember how desperate I am when I'm sat by the pool next week in Spain with a few beers. I'm sure I'll feel like a right loser  ;)

nathankaye

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2019, 01:10:06 pm »
Mate, there was no pop at you......
Its all the stupid comments saying if ones work on bank holidays that these ones must be desperate
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2019, 02:11:02 pm »
I know what you meant Nath  ;)
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2019, 02:20:51 pm »

😂
😂

Petrol stations being open are important. You washing somebodies windows on a bank holiday because you are desperate for money isn’t important. Not to anybody but you anyway.

Funny how all the usual braggers are the ones having to miss out on a day off because they need to work.

nathankaye

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2019, 02:29:45 pm »

😂
😂

Petrol stations being open are important. You washing somebodies windows on a bank holiday because you are desperate for money isn’t important. Not to anybody but you anyway.

Funny how all the usual braggers are the ones having to miss out on a day off because they need to work.

Why are petrol stations ok to be open, just because you cant plan ahead and get petrol the day before they close (if they were to close)
 ;D ;D :o

Dude, i worked a handful of hours due to having several days off due to family illness, so NO buddy, its not a normal routine and if you recall from numerous  other threads, its the usual braggers who dont work every day of the week like some, so who actually cares if ones want to work a bank holiday or not, especially when they have various days off in a month. ;D ;D

So i stand by my comment saying its foolish to call workers on bank holidays desperate.
Ps,  thought you might want to know, im only working half day today as well 👍
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2019, 02:37:06 pm »

😂
😂

Why are petrol stations ok to be open, just because you cant plan ahead and get petrol the day before they close (if they were to close)
 ;D ;D :o

Dude, i worked a handful of hours due to having several days off due to family illness, so NO buddy, its not a normal routine and if you recall from numerous  other threads, its the usual braggers who dont work every day of the week like some, so who actually cares if ones want to work a bank holiday or not, especially when they have various days off in a month. ;D ;D

So i stand by my comment saying its foolish to call workers on bank holidays desperate.
Ps,  thought you might want to know, im only working half day today as well 👍

Good for you  ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2019, 02:45:05 pm »
I've never had a issue working a BH  myself     I usually work them but I've been working 6 days a week for last few months so I had a well deserved day off today.

how do you work 6 days a week window cleaning?i couldnt stomach it myself these days...
If you had read the thread properly you would of seen I do windows mon - fri and pressure washing Saturdays ::)roll 

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2019, 03:55:27 pm »

Because if I wake at 7 I'm just going to be day there till 10 twiddling my thumbs

I'd rather be out at 8 or so and home for 2 then time to do something else with the day.

If I'm not rolling in whilst 4 PM by the time I've got van and custs sorted and had something to eat etc it's too late to do anything.

seems a strange attitude to have......each to their own..... ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2019, 04:43:19 pm »
I’m not stopping for Christmas this year.

Stoots

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2019, 07:06:09 pm »

seems a strange attitude to have......each to their own..... ;D

seems logical to me  ;D

Get out
Get done
Get home

jo5hm4n

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2019, 10:07:59 pm »
I don't see why more of you lot dont work on Bank Holidays and why it's such a taboo with you guys.  I take holidays when i want to take holidays.  Not because im told i have to because every other poor sod is going to take it off aswell and that we "shouldn't" be out working on such a day.

Nonsense.  All customers were notified day before.  2 Customers asked to be done on a different day on this occasion.  No problem.  Did just short of £500 on Monday on domestics.  Also picked up 3 new customers in areas where usually i don't see anyone about but everyone and their nan was at home so signed up some easy walk ups.  Nobody complained, even got offered drinks off customers who usually dont make the effort with us.

Benefit of working on Bank Holiday Monday?  Well i'm taking this friday off now because all our work will be done for the month.  Oh then im off for 9 days straight, as we have worked like stink in August  ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2019, 11:17:31 pm »
I don't see why more of you lot dont work on Bank Holidays and why it's such a taboo with you guys.  I take holidays when i want to take holidays.  Not because im told i have to because every other poor sod is going to take it off aswell and that we "shouldn't" be out working on such a day.

Nonsense.  All customers were notified day before.  2 Customers asked to be done on a different day on this occasion.  No problem.  Did just short of £500 on Monday on domestics.  Also picked up 3 new customers in areas where usually i don't see anyone about but everyone and their nan was at home so signed up some easy walk ups.  Nobody complained, even got offered drinks off customers who usually dont make the effort with us.

Benefit of working on Bank Holiday Monday?  Well i'm taking this friday off now because all our work will be done for the month.  Oh then im off for 9 days straight, as we have worked like stink in August  ;D ;D ;D ;D

each to their own but i think its bad practice to work on bank holidays on domestics esp august bank hol...people want to relax,have barbecues,have friends and family round......not have a window cleaner disturbing them. ::)roll

my missus sacked her window cleaner for coming round  on a bank hol(plus he was rubbish)....he used to charge her £4-50 for a 4 bed house as well!..ridiculous price.... ::)roll ;D

P @ F

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2019, 08:14:55 am »
Daz , she sacked you and you still go out with her  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !