[GQC] Tim

Make an instant copy of a Customer Contract?
« on: November 15, 2006, 11:01:31 pm »
I need a particular type of A4 sheet which has a second pink or yellow layer underneath it (NO idea what it's called), so if I write a customer quote (pre-printed), I have a copy of it (the pink/yellow sheet would have the writing on it as well), so I can put it in George.

Is there anything like this that you can buy? Or get it printed somewhere? I think the police used it aswell if they give you a ticket (in the old days) so that they would have a copy of it as well.

Any idea's?  :)

Re: Make an instant copy of a Customer Contract?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:07:03 pm »
GQC,

Are you talking about 'carbonised paper' where you write on one sheet and the imprint from your ball-point pen makes the same 'mark' onto the bottom sheet of paper underneath the first?

You can buy this from any WH Smiths.

You'll need a clip board (summit 'ard) and two print outs of your terms and conditions and just slip the carbon paper, the right way round, between the sheets of paper.

Job done!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 08:50:03 am »
Yea it is something like that, I was just wondering if some stores sell A4 sheets which have a layer under it already, and if you print it off, it's on the second piece of paper aswell, and on the doorstep if you use your ballpoint pen, you just rip the first sheet off, give it to them and keeping the other one.

Maybe it's not possible to get that, if so, I'll try the carbonised paper method :)

steveaqua

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 08:57:51 am »
if you want customised ones these ar the cheapest i found and they do small runs,

http://www.cheapncrforms.co.uk/2.html

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 09:03:31 am »
if you want customised ones these ar the cheapest i found and they do small runs,

http://www.cheapncrforms.co.uk/2.html

Woohoo, that's what I need!! ;D

Thanks!

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 09:20:26 am »
GQC

Beware if you are thinking of printing your slips/invoices on an injet or laser printer on these duplicate sheets your printer will not print on the second sheet because injet/laser printer do not tap the paper like old fashioned typewriters do

This will be fine how ever if your just going to use a ballpoint pen

Chris

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 11:38:41 am »
Yea, that wouldn't work.

I'm gonna get a 100 printed for 40 quid, should be alright! :)

steveaqua

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 11:50:11 am »
cheap and no hassle getting these guys to print it! ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 05:15:55 pm »
Yea, that wouldn't work.

I'm gonna get a 100 printed for 40 quid, should be alright! :)

That sounds very expensive indeed.

Try a local printing shop or stationer. Economy of scale comes into play too because setting up for (say) 250 is the same as for 100 and should only cost a little more.
It's a game of three halves!

steveaqua

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 05:29:04 pm »
40 quid ain't expensive mate for custom printed forms, you can always go and buy pre printed books from staples but if you wanna give off the right impression and customise your own then 40 quid for 100 is money well spent in my eyes

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 05:31:36 pm »
What I'm saying is that most of the costs involved are in the "tooling up" not the paper and print run. It's like business cards - buy 100 and you pay far more pro rata than if you buy 500.
It's a game of three halves!

steveaqua

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 05:38:34 pm »
of course its the cost of the plates! thats why its wiser to get a larger run and it works out a hell of a lot cheaper. but never the less its 40 quid we are talking here not 400 so no real need to penny pinch is there?