֍Winp®oClean֍

Pole hose
« on: June 17, 2021, 05:20:19 pm »
Fed up of buying and trying crap pole hose!
Can anyone recommend some that is actually worth buying? Latest trial has been streamline light5- a complete contradiction, it's neither streamline nor light! Don't bother to recommend gardiner green or all season too.🤐
Need something that doesn't coil and twist, is as memory free as possible but not so flexible that you need arms 5ft long in order to operate the Univalve.
Please, no seriously,  please!😫😁
For cold water.
Comfortably Numb!

High-Tower

Re: Pole hose
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 05:35:40 pm »
f***ing bin it off altogether.
I have a short length in my pole making up the tubeless set up, then I just run my reel hose up it.
No drama’s.

richard connett

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 05:46:39 pm »
Try the red exceed hose . Give it a few days from new and it’s as good as gold .

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 06:59:47 pm »
There is nothing wrong with Gardiner’s green pu  , if you don’t like that try the exceed  blue that’s also very good stuff , all hose will have a coil  memory until it’s been used a bit

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 07:12:04 pm »
Fed up of buying and trying crap pole hose!
Can anyone recommend some that is actually worth buying? Latest trial has been streamline light5- a complete contradiction, it's neither streamline nor light! Don't bother to recommend gardiner green or all season too.🤐
Need something that doesn't coil and twist, is as memory free as possible but not so flexible that you need arms 5ft long in order to operate the Univalve.
Please, no seriously,  please!😫😁
For cold water.

Have you tried the Flexi 5 hose? I really like it

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 07:26:08 pm »
i use gardiner orange PU hose and exceed blue PU hose.....both these pole hoses last years and are very hard wearing and tangle free most of the time....both work great with a uni valve...even with 70c water!
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 07:49:27 pm »
Rhino hose is the best !

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 08:02:49 pm »
There is nothing wrong with Gardiner’s green pu  , if you don’t like that try the exceed  blue that’s also very good stuff , all hose will have a coil  memory until it’s been used a bit

Did 12 months with the green, it was as bad on day 365 as day 1.
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 08:06:21 pm »
I use Gardiners reinforced yellow hose. Slightly heavier than normal pole hose but doesn't kink anywhere near as much.
We look at them, they look through them.

Wind o kleen

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 09:03:14 pm »
Rhino hose …

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 10:16:38 pm »
no offence but I think the problem may be down to you and your technique - old Dave willis was always looking for "straight" pole hose

I've had the exceed pu - gardeners - pu hose off Ebay and now streamline stuff ( the old blue stuff is to Flexi ) but the new purple stuff is good - none of these have ever been troublesome in the tangling up dept.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2021, 10:50:05 pm »
no offence but I think the problem may be down to you and your technique - old Dave willis was always looking for "straight" pole hose

I've had the exceed pu - gardeners - pu hose off Ebay and now streamline stuff ( the old blue stuff is to Flexi ) but the new purple stuff is good - none of these have ever been troublesome in the tangling up dept.

Darran

Totally agree from my experience problems with pole hose is generally down to the operator , one of my guys had major issues for  several months when on his own watching him work it was easy to see why as he kept turning the pole over and over causing loops , after changing his techniques he hasn’t had any problems for years . The old adage a bad worker always blames his tools comes to mind 😂😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2021, 10:53:21 pm »
had exactly the same

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2021, 08:25:58 am »
Yes, there's truth in that. The problem is hugely exacerbated since I stopped disconnecting my pole after every job. I now tend to leave the pole hose connected to reel hose and wind it all in together. Thinking about it, the slick-connect probably doesn't help in this regard either as the connections are fixed and don't turn like hozelocks. However, regarding the green hose, it made no difference to it's behavior regardless- it just will not lay flat and causes a hazard.
This still leaves the issue of flexibility though, as soon as the sun comes out it becomes a pain trying to operate the univalve as the hose turns to putty! The green stuff does stay solid but that's all it does, from a positive aspect.
Comfortably Numb!

dd

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2021, 10:06:35 am »
I use Gardiners reinforced yellow hose. Slightly heavier than normal pole hose but doesn't kink anywhere near as much.
I tried that and quite liked it.

I stopped using it though because it seemed to cause friction/drag inside the pole so would guess it would cause some pole wear.

I went back to Gardiner green pu hose which did not cause the friction/drag issue, the pole extends more smoothly. Although in all other respects I preferred the reinforced hose.

Lee GLS

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 01:09:29 pm »
Yes, there's truth in that. The problem is hugely exacerbated since I stopped disconnecting my pole after every job. I now tend to leave the pole hose connected to reel hose and wind it all in together. Thinking about it, the slick-connect probably doesn't help in this regard either as the connections are fixed and don't turn like hozelocks. However, regarding the green hose, it made no difference to it's behavior regardless- it just will not lay flat and causes a hazard.
This still leaves the issue of flexibility though, as soon as the sun comes out it becomes a pain trying to operate the univalve as the hose turns to putty! The green stuff does stay solid but that's all it does, from a positive aspect.

I use a hoseless setup and do not disconnect. I have been using Gardiners Green PU and exceed Blue stuff and the both tangle terrible. Since using the new streamline flexi5 it is a definite improvement but after a while it will start to tangle a little.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 02:07:03 pm »

I use a hoseless setup and do not disconnect. I have been using Gardiners Green PU and exceed Blue stuff and the both tangle terrible. Since using the new streamline flexi5 it is a definite improvement but after a while it will start to tangle a little.

Do you use a univalve Lee? If so is this flexi5 stiff enough to operate it ok?
Comfortably Numb!

Lee GLS

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2021, 03:35:46 pm »
Yes I use a univalve. When the weather has been really hot this week I’ve noticed it needing a bit of a harder pull to turn it off, but nothing major.

the king

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2021, 05:29:13 pm »
Blue exceed is good hot or cold water

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Pole hose New
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2021, 07:34:26 am »
I’ve used Gardiner’s green for years and though I’m currently using the most recent version, I actually preferred the original green PU as I found it held it's shape a bit better over time.

I’m a trolley user, and hand coil 15-20m of it regularly. The key to getting all the PU hoses I’ve ever used to lay flat is to keep it twist free whilst working and not to loop it too tightly when coiling it up.

Here's a picture I took a few weeks back when a similar topic was being discussed:

This photo is of a 25m length I used to use:
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.