p1w1

Re: Heating water
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 08:22:39 am »
I can put 400 litres in through regular garden hose in about 10 minutes .. So if it's peeing it down or blowing a Gale or I can't be arsed going I obviously don't bother . Where if you use an Emersion heater it has cost you to heat that water  just to let it go cold .

How long have you been doing it?

I was always told that Hot water dramatically decreases the life of your resin?

Sounds like it does.... £10 a week on resin x 40 weeks a year? £4000
Try £400 a year, see why your a window cleaner  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 08:25:27 am »
Doh! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Steven Biggs

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 08:34:37 am »
It's probably less than that . I buy 6 sacks a year . £70 a sack .it would be even cheaper if you filled direct into the tank and then had your di after the tank . But I can't do that as I need pure in the tank cos I fill a trolley we use as well from the tank .

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 09:55:16 am »
I can put 400 litres in through regular garden hose in about 10 minutes .. So if it's peeing it down or blowing a Gale or I can't be arsed going I obviously don't bother . Where if you use an Emersion heater it has cost you to heat that water  just to let it go cold .

How long have you been doing it?

I was always told that Hot water dramatically decreases the life of your resin?

Sounds like it does.... £10 a week on resin x 40 weeks a year? £4000
Try £400 a year, see why your a window cleaner  ;D

Oops 🙊

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 04:56:29 pm »

Eh? that's what you've done, paid to heat the water.  ::)roll

Steven Biggs

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 05:43:40 pm »
Yeh I know . What I meant was heating it in advance and then not using it . I suppose the element has the advantage of stopping stuff freezing during the night . But I've never had owt freeze in my van anyway .

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 06:11:46 pm »
Yeh I know . What I meant was heating it in advance and then not using it . I suppose the element has the advantage of stopping stuff freezing during the night . But I've never had owt freeze in my van anyway .

seems like this could be the way forward if i want warm water on cold frosty mornings.the only problem ive got is i need to find a way to stop my tap connector from sliding off my tap (with the hot water)when filling up as this is what happened last time i tried a few years ago(albeit without combi boiler).i dont have a hot outside tap so its an adaptor on my sink tap. ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 06:57:41 pm »
Fit a ’t’-piece on the pipework under your sink Daz, then fit an outside tap to that with the appropriate fittings on the thread.

Hoof the pipe out your flat window and down into your van.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Shrek

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 08:19:28 pm »

seems like this could be the way forward if i want warm water on cold frosty mornings.the only problem ive got is i need to find a way to stop my tap connector from sliding off my tap (with the hot water)when filling up as this is what happened last time i tried a few years ago(albeit without combi boiler).i dont have a hot outside tap so its an adaptor on my sink tap. ::)roll ;D

Don't forget to get hose pipe from your tap which can handle heat...
Iv had a few burst before when filling up my swimming pool 🏊 in the back garden

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 08:35:37 pm »
I let the butler sort that out.