Tosh

Opinions on website
« on: December 29, 2016, 11:00:57 am »
Give it your best, go on, I can take it ;)

http://guttercleanlondon.co.uk
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

lal

Re: Opinions on website
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:09:35 am »

Looks very good Slacky, just thought the Font size could be a bit bigger where you describe methods of clearing gutters.

Lal

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:18:54 am »
Thanks, I’ve upped it from 13px to 14, wasn’t sure if it was a tad small myself.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:22:45 pm »
Slacky what camera are you using in the promo vid?

RobM

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 12:35:38 pm »
Nice clean look.  I think your image is very powerful.  Also, the site is mobile friendly and that is huge in that almost 60% of all searches are done on mobile devices. 

I would suggest making your phone number larger and more prominent.  It is also a good idea to have a clickable link for mobile phones so they can just click and it will call your phone instantly.

I like to also give them a contact form with some kind of incentive (bonus, coupon, discount...) to fill out the form and contact me.  I do it kind of like a survey so they fill out a few "non-threatening" items first just to get them committed and started.  I feel like if I can just get them to start it will increase the chances of them actually following through and completing the form.

You can see my contact form and mobile phone clickable links on my website St. Charles Carpet Cleaning,  if you would like to see an example.
Always look on the bright side of life

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 01:20:46 pm »

That vid was done with one of the sky vac cams.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 02:04:22 pm »

That vid was done with one of the sky vac cams.

Just wondered as I thought my eyes had gone funny. lol

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 02:05:27 pm »
You’re just not used to seeing a gutter vac sucking up leaves like that ;)

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 02:06:17 pm »
Im one of those sorts who just takes gear out of the box and gets on with it. It was only when I was home later that night that I saw theres a manual focus on the camera ;) ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 03:51:11 pm »
Don't like the menu icons top left and at the bottom. Haven't checked on mobile but on the pc they are annoying.

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 04:55:42 pm »
I know, they are pretty crappy. Nothing I can do about them I don’t think, they’re part of the theme. I like the theme apart from those icons, its fairly light weight so quite fast to load.

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 04:59:51 pm »
Pretty good , easy to use , I like the terms, sounds professional.
Wish some of my custards would pay within 7 days , they just ignore my reminder texts and pay whenever they want!

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 10:17:38 am »
Need a picture if your van.

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 10:41:21 am »
Need a picture if your van.
Not the inside of the van though.   :o

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 11:16:14 am »
I’ve buried them, they shouldn’t have been on the game anyway ;)

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 12:22:17 pm »
I’ve buried them, they shouldn’t have been on the game anyway ;)
;D ;D ;D

Michael H Jones

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 01:57:14 pm »
A fine looking website sir! That should convert plenty of website visits into phone calls, and that's all that counts at the end of the day. Looks clean and professional.  :)

Bungle

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 03:32:20 pm »
One page is blank  ???
We look at them, they look through them.

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 04:43:59 pm »
One page is blank  ???
Thanks for the reminder. Done ;)

8weekly

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 05:38:36 pm »
I think it's really smart and professional. I read a fair bit and saw no grammatical or errors or typos. Well done Matt. Hope it works.