jo5hm4n

Univalve Problems
« on: August 16, 2016, 12:11:34 am »
So now that i have my van mount setup i have altered the connectors for my pole to go to the hose reel.  The hose Reels have Rectus 21 Female Connectors on, so i put the male adaptors onto the 8mm Yellow PVC hose that comes with Gardiner Poles, to connect to the hose reel.  The problem i have though is that i also have the John Guest Straight Connectors for 8mm hose, at the bottom of the pole, so that i can disconnect the pole from the hose so that when i put the pole in the van there is little hose hanging from the bottom of the pole.  Problem is, when i extend the pole the john guest fittings are then inside the sections of the pole, so when i yank the bottom of the pole hose to activate or de-activate the univalve, it keeps pulling the hose out of the john guest fittings.

Is this just a simple case that i need new john guest fittings, as mine are old and not looking very good, or will i need to come up with another way of doing this with another connector?  I tried to test to see if the Rectus 21 connectors would work as a replacement, but attached to the 5mm yellow pvc hose, it wont fit into the pole for extending the sections.  Or can i put a Rectus 21 fitting onto the standard 8mm Gardiner Pole Hose, that might fit into the sections when extending?

Any suggestions would be helpful, i'm having a few teething problems with my system just because it's my first time with a van mount so do appreciate any help you guys can give :)

Smurf

Re: Univalve Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 12:17:19 am »
exceed do hoseless kits too and I'm sure there is info on here somewhere how to fit both

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 12:27:37 am »

robert mitchell

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 01:17:57 am »
use stem to barb adaptors from gardiner , the hose wont pull out then .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 07:51:21 am »
Depending on the inside diamt of your pole hose this may help.

http://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/shop/hoses-connectors/tube-strengthening-insert/

Exceed use 8mm od pole hose. 

I doubt there is a problem with your JG fitting. It will probably be that the pole hose you are using is too soft for the JG fitting to hold onto.

When Exceed first brought the Aquadapter to market they also supplied a hose to be used with it. It was much stiffer as it needed to activate the AD without stretching and/or 'collapsing'.

If your pole hose is easily pushed flat between your fingers then this is the reason why your JG fittings aren't working.

-
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:40:43 am »
use stem to barb adaptors from gardiner , the hose wont pull out then .

I've even had PU hose pull out of JG fittings on occasion but the stem to barb fittings sorted it. They're really good. Fit them on the end of your hose and then push them into the JG fitting.