cleantech-westmids

Will a WFP system fit in a Nissan Navara ?
« on: January 23, 2016, 12:01:32 pm »
Hi Guys! late but happy new year to you all. Hope the weather is not affecting you to much lately. It's got right on our T**S to be honest.

I have a question. We currently have a Renault trafic with a 650hot wash installed. (concept 2o).  Does anyone know if you can fit similar size tank in a Navara? I've had enough of driving  vans!!!   ::)roll

Cheers

Craig

EandM

Re: Will a WFP system fit in a Nissan Navara ?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 12:13:03 pm »
Yes.

cleantech-westmids

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »
Great. even a 650?

cleantech-westmids

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 07:08:50 pm »
E&M any follow up on "yes" mate?  ;D

NWH

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 07:44:45 pm »
I've looked at them and I couldn't see it unless you got one with the removable roof on the back.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 09:41:52 am »
We have 2 Mitsubishi L200's and they have the same dimensions as the Navara.

You can fit a flat 500 litre tank with room down the sides for DI vessels and a battery box with your pump attached to that. Between the tank and loading door you will have room for two reels and two poles will fit diagonally across the top of the tank. We fit a Gardiner 44ft pole in there and a bag of extension sections if we need them too.

You can get a custom made, crash tested tank fitted if you have a cab on the back. It will hold about 620 litres. This will reduce the space you have left down to one reel if you have a battery box in that space too.  Plus, your poles won't go in sideways, the tank has a couple of slots for your poles to slide into and because they go in horizontally, you can't fit as long a pole in.

We weighed it all up when we bought the first L200 and went for the first option. It works brilliantly and we have last week bought another and had our second one fitted out the same way.

EandM

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 10:03:47 am »
E&M any follow up on "yes" mate?  ;D

Sorry Bud I wasn't here.
There was a company doing 650 systems for all large 1 tonne+ pick up trucks, It might have been Cleaning Spot. There demo pictures were of a Navara with a system fitted on a removal, sliding runner design. It does restrict rear vision as it pretty much covers your back window and you'll need a truckman top or something similar.

I have a Ford Ranger Supercab with a 400 litre system, flat tank, and that was the largest tank I could find that still fitted under the sides of the bed and hopefully under a Mountain Top.

cleantech-westmids

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 12:18:51 pm »
Thanks fellas for the detailed replies! It's a difficult one as I also need hotwash too. Just sick of vans haha! Ideally a 600litre in the back. I will check out cleaning spot. Cheers guys!

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 03:16:15 pm »
Thanks fellas for the detailed replies! It's a difficult one as I also need hotwash too. Just sick of vans haha! Ideally a 600litre in the back. I will check out cleaning spot. Cheers guys!
You can order a 600 litre tank specifically from the guy who makes them. Hot wash may be a challenge in such a tight space.

Taxation is different on 4x4's than it is with vans too. This needs to be part of your decision.

dd

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 03:49:41 pm »
Who does the custom made tank Steve?

Bungle

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 05:07:43 pm »
Who does the custom made tank Steve?

Cough up 200 quid and he'll tell you  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 05:32:22 pm »
Plasticwatertanks.co.uk

Smurf

cleantech-westmids

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 06:18:41 pm »
cheers fellas - You know your stuff! bring on the pick up ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 09:38:20 pm »
What's the problem with vans by the way?

8weekly

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 10:11:59 pm »
What's the problem with vans by the way?
I wondered that. I like my van and it's totally practical. Maybe change the van to another model?

Smurf

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 10:24:28 pm »
Another midlife crisis springs to mind    ;D

cleantech-westmids

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 11:39:46 pm »
Nothing at all wrong with vans mate. I've had them for years. I just want something different that's all.

Haha...midlife crisis! That's funny! So chaps are you telling me if you had  a choice of a nice shiny amarok or navara you'd still stick with your van? Come on!  :o

Like I said I just fancy a change.

Don't you change your cars every 2 or 3 years? I bet you do  ;D

This thread has been hijacked lol

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:09 pm »
Nothing at all wrong with vans mate. I've had them for years. I just want something different that's all.

Haha...midlife crisis! That's funny! So chaps are you telling me if you had  a choice of a nice shiny amarok or navara you'd still stick with your van? Come on!  :o

Like I said I just fancy a change.

Don't you change your cars every 2 or 3 years? I bet you do  ;D

This thread has been hijacked lol
Another convert to the dark side ! you'll never want to go back  ;D