AuRavelling79

PRF-RO system - Merlin replacement?
« on: November 15, 2015, 12:33:36 pm »
Looking on Gardiners site they show a PRF-RO system as being a Merlin replacement.

Anyone got one? Thoughts?
It's a game of three halves!

Re: PRF-RO system - Merlin replacement?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 01:06:24 pm »
I was actually watching his video yesterday, looks pretty good- 2600 ltrs a day?! would be plenty for me, still need di though depending on ur tap tds I think, but nice little unit. I m after something a bit (a lot!) better then what iv got at the min which is a pure freedom ro unit, takes about 6 bloody hours to produce 220ltrs! Good job the Mrs is at home to sort it out  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 01:56:57 pm »
I was actually watching his video yesterday, looks pretty good- 2600 ltrs a day?! would be plenty for me, still need di though depending on ur tap tds I think, but nice little unit. I m after something a bit (a lot!) better then what iv got at the min which is a pure freedom ro unit, takes about 6 bloody hours to produce 220ltrs! Good job the Mrs is at home to sort it out  ;D
I have a Merlin. I produce around 800 litres a day at the moment and with a pump I guess it takes around 4 hours. Tds comes down from 300 to 12/14 with new membranes. I would think it will do for three one man vans quite comfortably. Mine is automated now with a float valve.

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 01:59:00 pm »
There's a nearly new one for sale on here btw. A bit pricey though as there's no guarantee on the membranes I thought.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »
Looking on Gardiners site they show a PRF-RO system as being a Merlin replacement.

Anyone got one? Thoughts?

I'm wondering how much waste they produce.  Merlins could be quite wasteful - expensive if on a meter.

Matt.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 05:54:14 pm »
I use a Merlin, and the waste is about 2/3 leaving 1/3 going into tank

To fill a barrell it takes about 20 mins not using a pump and give tds 014 from 180, not the quickest by any means and if your thinking of buying new at around the £400 mark I would definatley consider the 4040 instead which isn't going to be a big difference in price

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 08:38:02 pm »
I use a Merlin, and the waste is about 2/3 leaving 1/3 going into tank

To fill a barrell it takes about 20 mins not using a pump and give tds 014 from 180, not the quickest by any means and if your thinking of buying new at around the £400 mark I would definatley consider the 4040 instead which isn't going to be a big difference in price
good honest advice  :)

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 05:19:04 pm »
The second hand one I am selling in the 'For Sale' section was great when we had to use it. It was used for 2 weeks so you have can be rest assured the membranes are  fine.
If used with a pump the waste water to pure ratio is very good.
If you are a 1 or 2 man band one of these would be great.
Hope this helps.