Mick Kent

best 25ft pole now days??
« on: September 26, 2015, 08:42:26 am »
Im looking for 2 new poles. Had slx poles for ages, dont want the extreme as im a hardcore user and so dont realy look after poles the best is there something else to try ir am i best ordering another 2 slx 25's?. Please dont say unger nlite as i bought 1 and was a disapointment to say the least.
Im guessing it will be slx again but some honest advice would be good. Also decent everyday brush's too.
Thanks

chris turner

Re: best 25ft pole now days??
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 09:16:46 am »
The xline 3k pocket looks quite good.
You could get one and be the first to write a review!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 12:34:33 pm »
I was working with Dan the man this week and he has a one year old SLX25. (An SLX35 actually which he adds the two bigger sections to when needed)

I have an SLX22; An SLX20 - i.e.  top four sections of an older 2009 model SLX35 - and an Extreme 47.

Because the SLX's have lasted us so long and so well I would get an SLX25 again.

It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 04:34:44 pm »
Mick - like us the slx poles have served us well, currently I see nothing better from any other manufacturer, they might get close, but are either heavier or dearer or unproven.

I think it's a testament to gardiners that I have eight, none of which have required replacement the oldest of 5 years finally required new sections (1 & 2 ) all these poles (well except mine) are heavily used 7 hours a day 5 days a week.

Why change when somethings not broken, I'm up for testing any other pole if the manufacturer is up for it, but I'm not spending £300+ to find out it can't take the punishment.

The clx on the other hand - not worth entertaining even for that low price, burnt them out in less than six months they are good for an emergency spare

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 08:28:35 pm »
The clx on the other hand - not worth entertaining even for that low price, burnt them out in less than six months they are good for an emergency spare

I'll just point out my CLX 27 is about 5 years old and in daily use, as is my slightly younger CLX 22. Only younger by months. I should stop being a mingebag maybe and buy a new one as i can now see the black carbon running underneath. But they're clamping fine, still, and i'm on the old clamps.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 10:32:09 pm »
There's working every day, THEN  there's really working everyday  ;D ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 10:52:42 pm »
There's working every day, THEN  there's really working everyday  ;D ;D

Ok, i should of said..i'm in me 50's !!!  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 11:21:11 pm »
I thought my CL-X 18 was the bee's knees when I first started using it, and it is a nice pole compared to the rubbish I was supplied with my first kit. But I too am in my fifties and wanted something less stressful on my arms and wrists, so as soon as I could I tried an SL-X. The difference was amazing. At least to me it was. The SL-X is so much smoother to operate, more rigid and the clamps work so much better. I've hardly made any adjustment to them since I've had it (15 months) . I will probably never go back to a CL-X. I now use an SL-X 18 as my evereyday pole and an SL-X 25 for my three storey work.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

the king

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 08:23:08 pm »
the xline clamps fiel amazing ill b trying the pocket next as i like the shorter tubes

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 08:24:26 am »
i still think the xtreme 25s are worth the money for ease of use and less strain on your joints/elbows.once your joints are damaged you ve had it.

when your poling most days all day i prefer to do it with minimal strain.the xtreme poles are just the best poles out there.
price higher/work harder!

Mick Kent

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 08:04:47 pm »
Cheers guys.

Gardiner slx again it will be.
Darran made my mind up for me! I have 2 that are still going strong after 4 years of heavy use, they prob could end up doing another 4 years but they are looking truely battered and past it now.

Thanks all.

kempy

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 08:53:18 pm »
Slx are a quality pole , longevity and performance
Xtreame - top end , but for me and my budget the SLX is fine
Xline 3k pocket - has good reports .

So some good quality to choose from .

Is a new gardiner pole coming out , seems to be the odd rumour ?