james stanley

Re: xtreme 25 or slx25?
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 12:11:22 pm »
I have an extreme 25ft pole ... And and slx 30ft pole . I would definitely agree that the slx is much more hard wearing and robust but the extreme is so much nicer and easier to use .. After a day using the slx even the 22ft I ache a lot more than when I have used the extreme . The new extreme sections with the metal clamping points do look more durable though . I have had 3 sections snap on me but that was the old orange clamping point sections , so hoping these new ones will last longer .... I would expect to maybe replace extreme sections about every 18months / 2 years if your using an extreme all day everyday 5 days a week ... It's a simple choice really Ben .... Either change the sections prob every 18 months / 2 years and enjoy the lighter pole , feel less achey after a day on the glass or stick with the slx which will be way more durable but won't be as nice to use ....

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 08:19:04 am »
I have an extreme 25ft pole ... And and slx 30ft pole . I would definitely agree that the slx is much more hard wearing and robust but the extreme is so much nicer and easier to use .. After a day using the slx even the 22ft I ache a lot more than when I have used the extreme . The new extreme sections with the metal clamping points do look more durable though . I have had 3 sections snap on me but that was the old orange clamping point sections , so hoping these new ones will last longer .... I would expect to maybe replace extreme sections about every 18months / 2 years if your using an extreme all day everyday 5 days a week ... It's a simple choice really Ben .... Either change the sections prob every 18 months / 2 years and enjoy the lighter pole , feel less achey after a day on the glass or stick with the slx which will be way more durable but won't be as nice to use ....

^^^^

This is my thoughts too.

There no doubt that extremes will require more maintenance and will need sections replacing more frequently.

But for me, it's well worth it.

Using extreme poles has meant I now no longer have the shoulder pain I was getting when I used an slx25 all day every day.

I work mostly by myself, but have my dad out with my two days a week, and we are running nearly at full capacity. Myself some days having to get through 30 properties a day (3/4 bed detached properties)
So anything I can do to make my days easier, I will do.

If you add up how much money our poles make us it's really a no brainer.

Although to be fair I have an extreme 18 and 25, the 18 is 6 months old, and just last night I stripped it all down and cleaned and dry ptfe sprayed it and it looks like brand new., so far its wearing very well.

I'd buy an extreme every 6 months if I had to.

It's obviously going to be different for someone who doesn't have a heavy workload, but for guys like myself with a lot of work to get through, go for it! Your body will thank you as you get older.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

ben M

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 10:36:33 pm »
30 properties a day (3/4 bed detached properties)  yes ok superman!

Jonny 87

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 10:43:42 pm »

I have some very compact work. :)

And prices are way lower than down south so,I need to work fast to earn money.

They roughly take me 10-15 minutes each to clean and I only have to move the van a handful of times.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

jonboywalton75

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 10:55:09 pm »
That's doable Johnny
I'm the same, speed wise
I'm 58 as well
I let the pole do the work!!!!

ben M

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 11:33:38 pm »

I have some very compact work. :)

And prices are way lower than down south so,I need to work fast to earn money.

They roughly take me 10-15 minutes each to clean and I only have to move the van a handful of times.
fair enough

Mike #1

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 07:11:42 am »
I get aching shoulders I put that down to now using supreme brushes the extra weight makes a difference but I wouldn't Switch brushes .

I take sections off my SLX normally down to a 22ft  been a shorty but could probs manage a lot of work with an 18ft .

For me unless some one can say they use the new Xtreme as an everyday pole and it takes plenty of abuse I don't see the point in the extra spend .

Scrimble

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 08:23:45 am »
I use a xtreme18 every day its a couple of years old only the base section is original, only snapped 1 section due to wear from using no stop tape, wouldnt change back to a slx no way xtremes are worth the money, 1 of my employees complained of shoulder and back pains from using a slx22 all day, he now uses a xtreme 18 and 25 now he is fine, other employee uses a slx18 and 30 he is compaining of shoulder back pains so will be replacing his slx30 for a xtreme25 and see what happens then,

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 08:44:30 am »
I get aching shoulders I put that down to now using supreme brushes the extra weight makes a difference but I wouldn't Switch brushes .

I take sections off my SLX normally down to a 22ft  been a shorty but could probs manage a lot of work with an 18ft .

For me unless some one can say they use the new Xtreme as an everyday pole and it takes plenty of abuse I don't see the point in the extra spend .

xtreme 25 pole every day used and abused!

older version lasted 18 months(2 top sections split at the bottom and clamping sections worn)i still have 3 perfectly fine sections.

newer version xtreme 25 ive been using every day for 9 months now.still like new.

xtreme 47 bought nearly 3 years ago.still like new although it only gets used about 10 times a month.

price higher/work harder!

ben M

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 08:53:16 pm »
after a week using again my slx25 my shoulders and arms are aching! xtreme 25 is definitely fragile but much lighter so my decision is to buy a new xtreme 25. Thanks guys for your advice.
Ben