Rain all day
« on: February 16, 2015, 07:09:43 am »
Rain all day today,Warwickshire .
Rest of the week looks good.

Window Lickers

Re: Rain all day
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 07:37:20 am »
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 07:45:40 am »
Iv got a full day planned so going to plough on regardless.
I'm so busy now that missing a day messes up my whole schedule.
There's little or no wind so the rain should be coming straight down, shouldn't cause any issues.
Plus today gives me a chance to test out the waterproofing capabilities of my new jack wolfskin coat. I'm kind of looking forward to it!

My only concern is that it's half term week, alot of mums will be home so might get a few comments or please leave this time. At least il still be up to date though!

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 07:46:14 am »
Just get out and start and see what happens.

You'll be surprised how much you actually get done instead of sitting at home earning nothing.

Andy :)

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 08:00:31 am »
don't u like working in the rain ?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 09:07:35 am »
Rain all day today,Warwickshire .
Rest of the week looks good.
I very much doubt it!

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 09:29:30 am »
Just get out and start and see what happens.

You'll be surprised how much you actually get done instead of sitting at home earning nothing.

Andy :)

Why's your little green light still on? ;D

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 09:37:20 am »
overslept.didnt wake up til 9am! ;D

rain nearly cleared here.late start so ill do 1030am-5pm rather than the planned 930am-4pm. ;)

the days are getting longer.itll soon be spring guys.
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 09:41:14 am »
Unusual for Dazmond to be here on a rainy day too ..........................

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 11:32:29 am »
Just got back in - custies not happy, I'm not happy - so day off by the looks of things.

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 11:34:56 am »
I've taken the day off because although it's not raining here as yet, it will do this afternoon.

It's not that I'm lazy, it more that I like to be prepared in advance.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

wpclean

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 11:44:57 am »
When it rains, I work in my underpants.  This has two main benefits, it gets the daylight to my white body parts,
thereby increasing my vitamin D intake, and it distracts the customer from complaining about the weather.

You have to think outside the box my friend  ;D

SeanK

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 12:43:25 pm »
Has just started to rain here but to be honest I was just looking for an excuse as I had a heavy Saturday Night
and still not 100% over it.
Still got £300 worth done this morning and the rest of the week looks good.
Feet up with a coffee I love this job.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 01:21:44 pm »
I would never clean windows in the rain, good way to lose custys .

Window Lickers

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 01:34:16 pm »
That was always my attitude.

Then another windy asked me whilst I was trying to defend the not bothering going to work atitude 'Wouldnt you prefer to go out and earn £200.00 and lose a cutomer than sit at home and earn £00.00?'.

Obvious really isnt it, assuming you're trying to earn a living and run a business rather than just trying to get by.

supernova77

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 03:02:08 pm »
Has just started to rain here but to be honest I was just looking for an excuse as I had a heavy Saturday Night
and still not 100% over it.
Still got £300 worth done this morning and the rest of the week looks good.
Feet up with a coffee I love this job.

I thought you were happy turning over £80 - £100 a day?

After all no window cleaner can turnover more than that can they?

;)

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 04:00:31 pm »
£300 in a morning......
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Window Lickers

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 04:20:55 pm »
I dont think he meant in a morning. I think he meant before breakfast. Trad.

8weekly

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 04:22:28 pm »
£300 in a morning......
Yeah, what a lightweight.

We worked right through. The rain was cold and about 1pm I said I'd had enough, but my new worker said why don't we just do those two and see what happens. We did and it ped down right through, but then we sat in the van and looked on the rain today app and I saw it was just a narrow band that was just about finished. Ten minutes later, the rain had cleared. I would have been gutted if we'd sacked the day off.

8weekly

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 04:40:35 pm »
I would never clean windows in the rain, good way to lose custys .
I've never lost one because of it.

tlwcs

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 04:48:24 pm »
I have always worked in the rain, it's not nice but it's my living.
Customers appreciate that they may get 2 or 3 cleans a year on days that they would chosen I didn't work, but mainly they accept it and if not they're replaced. This is the UK
I respect anyone who does not want to work in the rain, but to say is a way to lose customers simply don't know what they're typing
Tony

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 04:54:05 pm »
First customer of the day just threw his arm in the air and shouted "it's bloody raining again! Every time you come round!" Second one moaned about the rain but not me cleaning. Third one just stared out of the patio doors and shook his head (sideways) and rolled his eyes.
Went home for an hour or two then started again.

Window Lickers

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 04:57:29 pm »
For someone who's as busy as you say you are you don't half work for some crappy customers.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 05:05:25 pm »
It seems daft, standing there in the tipping rain cleaning windows, I've been window cleaning for 15 years now and never have cleaned in the rain.

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »
For someone who's as busy as you say you are you don't half work for some crappy customers.

It could be why I'm so busy - I don't tend to take the p out of customers to be honest. I can't tell them the weather makes no difference when my own windows are being splattered at home. Never liked to push it when the weather's bad. Just unlucky today the cul-de sac was full of old age pensioners who don't like it.

David lingard

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 05:17:25 pm »
need a better customer training regime...

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 05:20:28 pm »
 :) not really, I'm happy with the one I've got.

chris turner

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 05:28:37 pm »
I worked right through it. I knocked on doors first just to make sure the customer didn't mind and just explained that I have a tight schedule to keep so am happy to clean in the rain as long as there happy. Not one person said no, in fact they were all very understanding.
If they don't want it done in the rain I just skip them this time.
It's nice somedays when a few say 'leave this time' if it's raining. Means I can get home early for a nice hot bath and still be up to date with work.

SeanK

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 06:11:15 pm »
It seems daft, standing there in the tipping rain cleaning windows, I've been window cleaning for 15 years now and never have cleaned in the rain.

How are you not constantly falling behind ? don't get me wrong I can understand someone not cleaning when its hammering
down but surly you clean in light rain.

PoleKing

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 06:21:46 pm »
I had schools booked for tomorrow and houses today.
Swapped 'em round.
Schools don't care, it's only twice a year.
Got soaked. But worked all day.
Tomorrow looks lovely.
Win/Win.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 06:33:15 pm »
what rain  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:40 pm »

Then another windy asked me whilst I was trying to defend the not bothering going to work atitude 'Wouldnt you prefer to go out and earn £200.00 and lose a cutomer than sit at home and earn £00.00?'.

Obvious really isnt it, assuming you're trying to earn a living and run a business rather than just trying to get by.

That's my thoughts exactly now too. Took me a few years to realise it though, and it was someone else who said the same thing and it made me think....

I'd much rather build up a round of loyal customers than stay at home earning zilch in case I upset the odd one.

Now I just view it as separating the good from the dross. If they cancel me for cleaning in the rain then I'm happy to be rid of them.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

8weekly

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 07:37:18 pm »

That's my thoughts exactly now too. Took me a few years to realise it though, and it was someone else who said the same thing and it made me think....

I'd much rather build up a round of loyal customers than stay at home earning zilch in case I upset the odd one.

Now I just view it as separating the good from the dross. If they cancel me for cleaning in the rain then I'm happy to be rid of them.
Hear, hear.

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 08:16:40 pm »
i dont even think about what customers think as your only second guessing anyway! ;D

just do it.ive been cleaning in all weathers for years now and i very rarely get a "not today" even when its hammering it down!

be prepared.always have your waterproofs with you ;)
price higher/work harder!