Suffolkcleaners

Late payers
« on: December 18, 2014, 04:02:08 pm »
Luckily i have a very small percentage who pay late. I don't know about you guys but the older i get the less tolerant i am... For example a customer the other day(text the night before always due to gate being locked)they always have to say something when i text whether it is don't forget this window(even though i never do) or can you come at 1pm blah blah.. i just told them NO i will be there when i'm there and if you go out then just leave the gate open...

Got another customer who ALWAYS pays late. I used to text her night before to leave cheque and she never does. Cleaned them over 40 days ago(bi-monthly job £15)and sent a reminder by text 7 days ago and got a reply saying ''Oh sorry, tote forgot''     7 days later still no blinking payment... The thing is i know they will pay eventually and maybe it's not personal but i  HATE HATE chasing money(i never collect)

What would you do? I think in the new year i will text the night before and say ''window cleaner coming tomorrow,i'm afraid i will require payment on the day from now on,i will accept a post dated cheque if necessary''   Do you think that sounds ok?

sunshine windows

Re: Late payers
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »
GoCardless
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:17:00 pm »
Sorry(i'm sure it's been covered loads of times before)how does it work? The customer signs something and a direct debit comes out or something similar? Then couldn't they just set up a standing order just as easy? What is the difference between gocardless and setting up a standing order/direct debit? I know it's supposed to be less hassle but i still have to get them to sign and agree to it anyway.

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 04:37:50 pm »
Standing order that comes out say 1st of the month you and you are off ill for 1 week or go on holiday for 2 weeks . You will have to get to that or those custys first even if you have work due before otherwise you will owe them money .

GC once custys are signed up you request the payment after each window clean which takes about 9 days to reach your account but you know the money is coming and not sitting hoping and waiting they pay via bacs or cheque .

My custys fill out a Direct Debit mandate via GoCardless button on my website simples

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 06:59:15 pm »
Thank you oliver twist. I will look into it :-)

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 07:05:03 pm »
Late payers should have their wages delayed by 10 days .... see how they like it  ;D

Deangsi

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:15:05 pm »
Late payers should have their wages delayed by 10 days .... see how they like it  ;D

Bloody gits they are they pee me rite of !!! I get a bit of it I'm starting to get sick of them. Dump dump in new year i think

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 07:19:52 pm »

Bloody gits they are they pee me rite of !!! I get a bit of it I'm starting to get sick of them. Dump dump in new year i think

If you're infested with them maybe tell them standing order only form of payment from 2015 Mrs Messer ... but yes a good sort out does wonders for your round  :)

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 07:28:03 pm »
Simple tip, if something in your days work is causing you to get stressed or annoyed then remove it
if not what's the point of being your own boss.
This job can be hard enough at times without having to put up with messers.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 08:53:08 pm »
Simple tip, if something in your days work is causing you to get stressed or annoyed then remove it

Who was it who said "Canvass; Clean; Cull"?

Or maybe the longer version according to Gold and others:

Get customer; explain and agree terms with customer; clean; if customer gets out of control then train them; if they won't be trained, cull.
It's a game of three halves!

C o z y

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 09:05:02 pm »
Mr Lancaster I think. There's room for a flounce in there too Gold  8)
No still don't understand, I must be thick

C o z y

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 09:05:29 pm »
So, canvass, clean, cull, flounce

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 10:21:59 pm »

Get customer; explain and agree terms with customer; clean; if customer gets out of control then train them; if they won't be trained, cull.

I say canvass clean cull but I nicked it off The BFG who no longer posts on here ... so far as Im aware

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 10:53:54 pm »

I say canvass clean cull but I nicked it off The BFG who no longer posts on here ... so far as Im aware

He does. But he's changed his screen name to 'Tosh'
The 'B' was 'Big and the 'G' was 'Gimp" ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

C o z y

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 12:01:10 am »
BFG , rocks