H20cleaning

Booster pump cutting out problem ??
« on: October 23, 2014, 05:41:20 pm »
Basically i had a problem with my filters the other day and they were so blocked my water was almost not coming through the R/O, causing the booster pump to cut out.

I have now replaced membranes with the correct ones and the pure is coming out a lot faster as it should be, however when i turn the booster pump on it sounds like there is still to much pressure in the system and the pump doesn't run as fast as it should do, but if i let some pressure out the system the pump runs faster??? Any ideas.

Its a aquatec 8800 and its not that old so deffo not broken

H20cleaning

Re: Booster pump cutting out problem ??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:21 pm »
Away guys give us some help im clueless and i always help other people 😩

dannymack

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:42:19 pm »
Your pre filters are not in properly. Unscrew and fit them on if still happening you need new pre filters only a few pounds

H20cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 05:52:18 pm »
Your pre filters are not in properly. Unscrew and fit them on if still happening you need new pre filters only a few pounds
There only 2 month old mate but i didnt notice one of the rubber washers had misshaped the way i had screwed it in... Could this be the problem?

dannymack

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 10:54:49 am »
Yes Adam that could be the problem, this was happening to me but my pure water was going in static tank slow and when I pulled off the pipe coming out of booster going into ro the pressure squirted the water everywhere I quickly put the pipe back into the ro and the flow was fast for a minute or so but the went slow. When I changed the pre filters I noticed one of them was sqaushed where it hadn't been sitting in the container properly when I screwed it onto the lid. Put new filters in took time putting them in so they all sat in there canisters properly and now it runs fine, water flow fast all the time now so that could be your problem mate.

H20cleaning

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 01:24:09 pm »
Sounds exactly the same as mine
Mate!
Just before i order new pre filters... Is it not possible that my tap pressure is to much for the booster pump and the booster pump is not needed?
(Shouldn't be the issue like because i have used the booster all year..)
Just narrowing it down.

Thanks for the response though its a big help!!

dannymack

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 06:25:48 pm »
No Adam that wouldn't cause the problem, especially if you've been using the same things for a year, I'm sure you would have had a problem then. I think we have the same system or similar. I've got the Colin's water 450 gpd with 20" pre filters and an 8800 Aquatech booster pump so it defo sounds the same problem I had. Shame you didn't have some old pre filters to try but saying that for the 3 pre filters they only cost around £15. You may as well buy 3 lots of everything which when you buy in bulk you get them cheaper and you should change them sat least 4 monthly or even 3 monthly. I do mine every 4 months 3 times a year.
I get mine from Colin's water but I know you had a bad experience with them.
Ask for Lee hes ok

Good luck with it m8 as I know it's a worry and a bloody nightmare when your machine starts playing up

dannymack

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 06:31:50 pm »
Adam I also bought a 10" clear canister and put it just after the pipe coming off mains and just before the booster pump, it's got a sediment filter which stops the crap going into the booster pump. That starts to go yellow around the 4 months and that's when I know I need to change them. You should do this as it will protect your booster pump mate.

H20cleaning

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 11:32:23 pm »
Some great advice cheers mate!!!

dannymack

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 12:05:21 pm »
No probs m8 hope you get it sorted