ben M

how much,help please
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:59:12 pm »
how much would you pay a experienced window cleaner per day working with the owner of the business and not driving?

Many thanks

Ben

p1w1

Re: how much,help please
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:05:52 pm »
if it was working for you then i would want at least a few hundred and a pair of ear plugs  ;D..Hard one really i reckon at least £10 an hour for a good hard working person or perhaps a bit less but some kind of bonus tied in if you get the weeks work done that you had planned to do. My brother is self employed and helps me out now and again so i pay him on the amount of work he gets done in a day so basically the more he cleans the more he gets, but because he's self employed he can just invoice me and i pay him dont have to worry about tax etc.

ben M

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 08:11:21 pm »
if it was working for you then i would want at least a few hundred and a pair of ear plugs  ;D..Hard one really i reckon at least £10 an hour for a good hard working person or perhaps a bit less but some kind of bonus tied in if you get the weeks work done that you had planned to do. My brother is self employed and helps me out now and again so i pay him on the amount of work he gets done in a day so basically the more he cleans the more he gets, but because he's self employed he can just invoice me and i pay him dont have to worry about tax etc.
;D he's got his own round but not busy enough so i can hire him sometimes

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 08:17:23 pm »
;D he's got his own round but not busy enough so i can hire him sometimes
if it was me then i would be looking at about £10 an hour, also depends if you can carry enough water for both of you to make it worth your while.

ben M

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »
when you are self employed you can get at least £200 a day,would you accept £80 for 8 hours of work?

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:53 pm »
when you are self employed you can get at least £200 a day,would you accept £80 for 8 hours of work?

No i meant thats what i would be looking at paying him..for me i find it hard enough getting out of bed to earn £80 for 1 hours work  ;D

martin hulstone

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 09:06:34 pm »
I sometimes employ casual labour to an experienced window cleaner and i pay him 15 pounds an hour. I live in poole so hourly rate depends on area you live in i suppose

Window Lickers

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 09:06:36 pm »

You can earn £200 a day without breaking a sweat - but no amount of sweat will earn you a penny if you haven't got the work.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 09:39:23 pm »
I seem to have found a good balance paying £150 a day.
Yes, the guys can earn more on their own but turn up at 8, work, drive home at 5 no worries, no pressure.
Invoice me and I've paid that day.
It's a win/win in my eyes.
The guys that sub for me seem happy.

Ben-genuinely, I don't think a tenner an hour is enough for self employed.

Also, I feel that it's fairer to pay day and half day rate.
Because, say you finish on a site at 2pm. That's 3 working hours lost but, ime, one won't do their own work in those last few hours so effectively, they're down I know one could work but invariably, people don't.

I pay £150 a day (8-5 with coffee & lunch breaks) and £80 half day (8-12ish or 12/1ish till 5ish)
It has, and does, seem fair to both parties to me.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:43:49 pm »
I think he should pay £10 an hour, so we could call him Ben10.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Lickers

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 09:49:42 pm »
Bent en?
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 09:57:55 pm »
 ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 09:58:04 pm »
Yes, the guys can earn more on their own but turn up at 8, work, drive home at 5 no worries, no pressure.

Because, say you finish on a site at 2pm. That's 3 working hours lost but, ime, one won't do their own work in those last few hours so effectively, they're down I know one could work but invariably, people don't.

I pay £150 a day (8-5 with coffee & lunch breaks) and £80 half day (8-12ish or 12/1ish till 5ish)
If they are using their own van then yes above is fine but not with using your own van and having someone work with you then your going to struggle making any money off them at those rates

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 10:04:52 pm »

If they are using their own van then yes above is fine but not with using your own van and having someone work with you then your going to struggle making any money off them at those rates

We do ok.  ;)

p1w1

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 10:08:08 pm »
Depends what you think is ok I guess

PoleKing

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 10:08:44 pm »
Depends what you think is ok I guess

'Spose so...

ben M

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 10:15:13 pm »

i was thinking about the same thing,thanks mate

Leeds

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 08:53:29 am »
I try pay my employees at least £200 for half day if we can. It keep them happy and earns us at least double that for each employee.

But i'm going to a 5star hotel during lunch, cos i'm too minted and my top girlfriend wants caviar.

almost forgot........... happy days!

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 09:11:17 am »
I try pay my employees at least £200 for half day if we can. It keep them happy and earns us at least double that for each employee.

But i'm going to a 5star hotel during lunch, cos i'm too minted and my top girlfriend wants caviar.

You having a wet dream again ???

There is a world of difference between self employed/casual as tax holidays etc are the subbys responsibilities where as PAYE they get holiday pay, you do the tax and NI

If I was looking for an experienced windy on a self employed basis  we would pay around the £15 p/h mark, but be warned, they may not work to your standards, have bad habits, slow working, resent working for a rival, and you are showing them your customer base and prices...

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 09:29:13 am »

;D ;D ;D im staying in a 5 star hotel tomorrow night in york!cant wait!put the clocks back one hour too so me and girlfriend get an extra hour in bed.defo happy days!! :D :D

on topic i wouldnt pay anybody more than £60 a day if they were to be casual labour in my van.not that i would anyway.i much prefer working on my own.making sure the jobs done right. ;)
price higher/work harder!

ben M

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 03:02:21 pm »

;D ;D ;D im staying in a 5 star hotel tomorrow night in york!cant wait!put the clocks back one hour too so me and girlfriend get an extra hour in bed.defo happy days!! :D :D

on topic i wouldnt pay anybody more than £60 a day if they were to be casual labour in my van.not that i would anyway.i much prefer working on my own.making sure the jobs done right. ;)
Daz,would you work for £60 a day???? don't be tight!

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 04:31:57 pm »
It's not what you are prepared to work for, but what other are who can't be bothered to run the risk of running a biz, getting customers, waiting to be paid, keeping vehicles on the road, buying equipment etc....

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 04:58:01 pm »
ben NO!i wouldnt work for £60 a day thats why i run my own business.

if he s gonna work with you in your van, you wont do double the amount of work.maybe 50 or 60% more than you d normally do on your own and thats being organised and working at a brisk pace.
price higher/work harder!

Matt.

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 12:38:10 pm »
Am with dazmond & smudger on this one.

I have adverts out for window cleaners and regularly get lads ringing up saying I've done for 10 plus years. If give them a chance to come out with us an what they call window cleaning is beyond believe. Not worth £40 a day never mind £60 or even the £15 hourly rate being offered.

I will come and work for you when I sell my business in about 10 year......... Hopefully it will be nearer the £20 ph.  ;D ;D ;D
£6.75 - £7.50 ph about right for employees