ben M

wages
« on: July 17, 2014, 10:59:32 pm »
How much would you pay the guy if he works around 10 hours a week for you? He is self employed.
Commercial job, do you pay per hour or per job?
Thanks

PoleKing

Re: wages
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:05:05 pm »
I pay day rate Ben.
It depends on what he brings to the table.
Is he fully self sufficient? Pole or trad only? How much money does he earn you?
I pay my guys £130 a day (trad only) and £150 for the polers.
Pay per day. per hour isn't really fair.
You may only have 6 hours work for him but he may have not have the work to fill up to make a proper days rate-if you know what i mean.
My guys-if they finish what i thought would take them 10 hours in 8, they go home. Job done, paid in full. But if it takes them 11 or 12 hours, they stay too. Same money.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

ben M

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:10:41 pm »
thanks pole king

Craig downey

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 11:16:37 pm »
I pay day rate Ben.
Is he fully self sufficient? Pole or trad only? How much money does he earn you?
You may only have 6 hours work for him but he may have not have the work to fill up to make a proper days rate-if you know what i mean.
My guys-if they finish what i thought would take them 10 hours in 8, they go home. Job done, paid in full. But if it takes them 11 or 12 hours, they stay too. Same money.

Can I have a job

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 11:38:52 pm »
I pay day rate Ben.

Can I have a job

Yup.
It's a bit if a commute though...

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 08:17:14 am »
I pay day rate Ben.

I take I that's with them supplying all their own equipment, water, in their own van, fuel etc..?

How much roughly would you expect a guy being paid £150 a day to turn over for you?

Andy

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 08:31:55 am »
I pay day rate Ben.

I take I that's with them supplying all their own equipment, water, in their own van, fuel etc..?

How much roughly would you expect a guy being paid £150 a day to turn over for you?

Andy

£150 a day gets me 300litres from one guy and 400 from another, yeah, self sufficient.
£130 a day is trad only so uses my kit.

How much would they turnover for me? I aim to take the same as them-there or thereabouts.

martin hulstone

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 12:52:53 pm »
Never met a trad window cleaner who can earn 270 a day, unless he does a 12 hour day!

martin hulstone

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 12:55:38 pm »
come to think of it, most wfp window cleaners wold be hard pushed to earn 300 a day solo. you honestly saying one man can bring in 1500 a week!!!! or 1300 trad.

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 04:26:59 pm »
come to think of it, most wfp window cleaners wold be hard pushed to earn 300 a day solo. you honestly saying one man can bring in 1500 a week!!!! or 1300 trad.

Just 'cause you don't know 'em, don't mean it ain't happening.
Look at it another way, what would you work for, for a day? You need to pay a fair rate or you're just contributing to the 'top it up with benefits' culture that is  a scourge on society.
When I say trad, I mean he only has his own trad gear so any poling would using my kit. He may be doing conservatory roofs, gutter clearing, pressure washing, or anything else that comes in.