ben M

Re: world cup
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »
England is my second country,i was supporting England too  ;)

C o z y

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 10:04:09 pm »
These cloggies in The Netherlands are driving me nutz...the whole place is feestooned in flags like a big explosion at the orange party shop in oompa loompa land!

I'd prefer them to win it before ze Gurmuns Dave
No still don't understand, I must be thick

ben M

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 10:10:30 pm »
These cloggies in The Netherlands are driving me nutz...the whole place is feestooned in flags like a big explosion at the orange party shop in oompa loompa land!

I'd prefer them to win it before ze Gurmuns Dave
+1

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 10:32:00 pm »
I still say, we've not seen the winners........yet.
They've all got major weaknesses. I'm a bit annoyed that I didn't lay Brazil at just over 2/1 and then the news broke that Neymar was out of the tournament.  He's a massive loss to them.
I think we've seen individuals rather than teams- apart from Germany, maybe- so it'll be who is/are the one/two who wins it for their country.
Could Messi do a Maradona?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

PoleKing

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 11:04:22 pm »
I said before a ball was kicked (only cause my dad reckoned it and he's good at this sort of thing) that ze germuns would do it.
I still think they will you've gotta hand it to 'em Bayern Munich Germany have shown cohesion.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 11:49:00 pm »
I said before a ball was kicked (only cause my dad reckoned it and he's good at this sort of thing) that ze germuns would do it.
I still think they will you've gotta hand it to 'em Bayern Munich Germany have shown cohesion.
Age? Lack of pace (though they did drop Mertesacker)? No centre forward? No Messi, Neymar or Robben?
They do look like a team, though.
I just think all four semi finalists look very beatable. It might make for good viewing. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 06:57:25 am »
Age? Lack of pace (though they did drop Mertesacker)? No centre forward? No Messi, Neymar or Robben?
I just think all four semi finalists look very beatable. It might make for good viewing. 

I think that's what will make it a good end to (I think) a good World Cup.
Like the premier league the last few years, couldn't call it.
It's what makes it exciting.
I'm still going for Germany though. Especially as Neymar is out.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 08:21:38 am »

I think that's what will make it a good end to (I think) a good World Cup.
Like the premier league the last few years, couldn't call it.
It's what makes it exciting.
I'm still going for Germany though. Especially as Neymar is out.
I agree, it's the best World Cup I've seen, so far
Interesting that you compared it the the Premier League. Brazil have reminded me of Liverpool last season. Being at home, things going their way, everyone getting carried away on a wave of emotion but not entirely convincing you on the pitch. You always feel something is going to go against them and it does for them. Maybe the Neymar injury is it.
The others are moving along, quietly and efficiently. Doing a Man City.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gary999

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 08:40:25 am »
For me the dutch have been the best side overall,have answered
all questions even with penalties.I would like holland to win, another
new name on the trophy wuld be good.

I think this world cup has shown how much football has moved
on worldwide,ability and tactics its almost a level playing field
the margins between success and failure really are tiny now.

I think the only mistake some of smaller countries have made is
they have played the shirt and not the team,the likes of columbia
belgium etc could of and should of gone further.

The major nations are going to find it much harder in future world
cups if this one is anything to go by and will make it even harder
to predict which will make for even more great world cups like
this one which has been really enjoyable.

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 12:17:58 pm »
They've all got major weaknesses. I'm a bit annoyed that I didn't lay Brazil at just over 2/1 and then the news broke that Neymar was out of the tournament.  He's a massive loss to them.
I think we've seen individuals rather than teams- apart from Germany, maybe- so it'll be who is/are the one/two who wins it for their country.

Of course we have seen the winners. Unless they are replacing one of the teams.....

C o z y

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 03:48:09 pm »
For me the dutch have been the best side overall,have answered
all questions even with penalties.I would like holland to win, another
new name on the trophy wuld be good.

I think this world cup has shown how much football has moved
on worldwide,ability and tactics its almost a level playing field
the margins between success and failure really are tiny now.

I think the only mistake some of smaller countries have made is
they have played the shirt and not the team,the likes of columbia
belgium etc could of and should of gone further.

The major nations are going to find it much harder in future world
cups if this one is anything to go by and will make it even harder
to predict which will make for even more great world cups like
this one which has been really enjoyable.

Yeah, the Dutch seem to be the best bet. Agree with the rest of your post too. Must be a weak moment  ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

windiewasher

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 04:37:28 pm »
the French are great at surrendering,the Germans knew that from the past.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 06:41:56 pm »

Of course we have seen the winners. Unless they are replacing one of the teams.....
I meant no one has looked the part of eventual winners. We've seen the odd good performance followed by a mediocre one. Even the bookies seem uncertain.
One of the teams will improve or an individual will drag his team home. They all look susceptible but they are getting results.
Or the winners will grind their way to victory and then we have seen the winners  ;D. But that could be any of the four.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 08:20:00 pm »

I meant no one has looked the part of eventual winners. We've seen the odd good performance followed by a mediocre one. Even the bookies seem uncertain.
One of the teams will improve or an individual will drag his team home. They all look susceptible but they are getting results.
Or the winners will grind their way to victory and then we have seen the winners  ;D. But that could be any of the four.

I predict 2 dour games, both ending in penalties and a less than exotic all European final.