paul alan

first buiders clean. advice please.
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:51:54 pm »
I've been asked by a customer who has just built a house to clean Windows inside and out. Can someone advice me on what I'll need to take with me? Chemicals etc etc....
I'm planning on going tommorow, any help greatly appreciated. Oh and what's the going rate for this type of work? I live in the north west. Thank you.

tonycarr

Re: first buiders clean. advice please.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:14:06 pm »
Hi....you may be better cleaning traditionally first time, wet the glass scrape it, then use your applicator and squeegee. Charge 3x. No need for chemicals other than soap

Tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

Dannymackreturn

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 02:06:41 pm »
+1 with Tony, do it tad and you only need scraper with new scraper blades.

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 02:22:31 pm »
Agree with the above, however I would also get them to sign a scratch waver form to cover yourself for any scratches that may be on the glass from cement etc

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 06:48:54 pm »
Cheers guys, thanks for the advice. Don't suppose anyone knows where to buy a good scraper from? B an q don't seem to be much good and I'm doing in the morning so online no good. Thanks again.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 07:01:53 pm »
I've always used a Stanley scraper - takes standard Stanley blades.

elite mike

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 07:17:07 pm »

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 07:53:02 pm »
Cheers guys, thanks for the advice. Don't suppose anyone knows where to buy a good scraper from? B an q don't seem to be much good and I'm doing in the morning so online no good. Thanks again.
Do you have a good painting and decorating trade shop near you ? , brewers etc. ? or a toolstation or screwfix ? all stock good pocket scrapers and spare blades.

Diamond standard ltd

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 08:18:06 pm »
Scalpel to cut the tape right to the edge,flat blade screwdriver to get right in the corners to remove all plaster, green pad for frames, plenty of soap in water. Nhbc state about scratch on glass if you can not see it from two metres back. Hope this helps.