*Derek*

Want to add carpet cleaning service!
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:24:49 pm »
How does one go about getting into carpet cleaning? I'm getting calls at present for it so would like to be able to provide..

How much outlay is needed?
What machines are needed?

Thanks in advance

Derek

Simon@arenaclean

Re: Want to add carpet cleaning service!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:49:56 pm »
If you are getting the 'odd enquiry' I'd suggest finding a local quality carpet cleaner and working a percentage deal, give a shout on the forum for a cleaner in your area. If you're serious a machine like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230373351994&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar would do the job, there's quite a few on ebay at the moment. More importantly you need training, it really is not as easy as it looks. Most manufacturers run their own, or the NCCA (national carpet cleaners association) will also help.

Simon

*Derek*

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:27:16 pm »
Thanks for that. The only reason i'm getting the odd enquiry is because i d'ont advertise it. I will look into the courses.. I see plenty of machines on ebay alright.. 

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 02:31:06 am »
don't start an obsession with machines, machinery is mostly irrelevant, start an obsession with training and the gathering of knowledge.

You need to love this game to work in it.  It needs commitment, it's not "just whizzing over" things like housework cleaning, the less you know the more you screw up.

Good luck ;)