*Derek*

Best make -- Scrubber Dryer
« on: March 17, 2009, 09:46:23 pm »
In peoples own opinion what make is best for a scrubber dryer? I'm currently on look out for a second hand one.

sherco

Re: Best make -- Scrubber Dryer
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:36:48 am »
I use Numatic rotary scrubbers, find them good, but havent got a scrubber dryer so cant comment on these.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Griffus

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 09:19:37 pm »
We have a Numatic TTQ1535. This is the baby with the cylinder as opposed to the rotary brush.

To be honest it doesn't get much use but it is a good bit of kit as we don't get that much work where it is required.

Despite the fact we bought it used we have found a good level of support / advice via Numatic.

They are a top company and most imprtantly they are British!

You can get one of these new for £700 + VAT.

*Derek*

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 10:39:58 pm »
Ian what the main difference between the cyclinder one against the round scrubber? bar the shape..

Griffus

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 05:31:46 pm »
We opted for the cylinder one as it is lighter, smaller and much better in tight spaces.

Here is a link to the spec-sheet: -
http://www.numatic.co.uk/documents/00000060.pdf

And a promotional video on you tube which I just found on Google (I haven't watched but if you're looking to spend it must be worth a look)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2D5ptWDwEQ

What will your main use for this machine be?

*Derek*

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 07:41:24 pm »
Shop floor weekly. About 1500sq feet maybe slighty bigger.

Griffus

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 08:41:17 am »
We haven't covered a floor of that size but I would say that the 1535 will do that easily for you.

One thing though, if you don't have to negotiate tight spaces then consider a rotary scrubber drier. This will cover the area a fair bit quicker.

You should be able to pick a used Numatic up for around £300.

*Derek*

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 05:12:12 pm »
Ian what chemical do you use? Also would it remove black marks that are left from shoes?

Griffus

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 09:17:37 pm »
We have several chemicals dependant on flooring but as we mostly clean Altro flooring we mostly use Altro 44 which works great. We also use this with our rotary when fitted with poly brush, the downside here being we have to wet vacuum seperately.

Our other chemicals are from a local supplier but I imagine that anything high alkaline should do for hard floors.

High alkaline will not be the answer on all flooring though and I am far from an expert on Hard Floor Cleaning. I would suggest posting in the Hard Floor section on this and other forums.

Black scuff marks are not that common in our game but on occasion I have used Erase Away (magic sponges) and / or solvent cleaner (UPVC cleaner). Be very careful though as a shop floor is a whole different ball game.

As I said, ask the hard floor experts.