*paul_moss

leaflet Distribution
« on: March 31, 2005, 08:25:55 pm »
Martin talked about leaflet distribution today at the meeting,I know this has been covered loads of times but prices do change quite radically in distribution.
So besides the post office who would be the best to contact for distribution and contact numbers.
I have looked on the web site for post office and cant find any details on leaflet distribution so any help would be gladly apprieciated.

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

paulchambers

Re: leaflet Distribution
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 12:40:08 am »
I was a postman about 4 years ago and most postman do delivery leaflets correctly though i do know a few that might only delivery to the houses there ae actually delivering mail too, i believe postman get paid less than 2p per leaflet and royal mail charge about 16p ish, but if you want a lot of leaflets out i assume its a good way though most will end upin the bin . people including my self read mail rather than leaflets . personally i think leaflets at a different time to the the postie might get a better response    paul

Chris Bailey

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 04:16:43 pm »
Hi All

Iv'e been looking into this over the last couple of months, I have found a company called DBS, based in west yorkshire but operate nationwide.

They have quoted me per 1,000 fo A5 - £38 solus (min 10,000) and £20 newshare(min 10,000).

They can also provide demographical reports at £1 per report to help you target better.

web is www.dbslimited.co.uk

I also found someone local, cheaper on volume but couldn't offer demographics.

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 08:11:56 am »
Has anyone considered setting up own Leaflet Distribution Company, and then piggy backing on the other leaflets.

Might take away from Carpet cleaning, but the ultimate idea of Fast Track for example  and others who appear to be involved in Domestic, Contract, and Carpet Cleaning, is to be more mangerial and build a complete organization.

paulchambers

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 08:43:45 pm »
I'm thinking of doing kleenze with my leaflets so basically getting paid to deliver my own leaflets   paul

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 09:41:56 pm »
I think once you get your job average up say £80 to £100 then £100 to £120 and so on you will find that leaflet distribution is more cost effective, then as Mike will tell you keep hitting the same 'fruitful' areas so if you live in an area which is not renound for a carpet cleaning epicentre don't keep leafleting it, move on until you strike gold and then keep farming it you will get more response 2nd and 3rd times with the same or just tweeked leaflet on a regular delivered basis.

Shaun