*david j jones / Paul Moss

Which Upholstery tool
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:49:43 am »
Looking to upgrade my old upholstery tool. Which one is the best at the moment that does not leave the suites to wet?

gwrightson

Re: Which Upholstery tool
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:02:24 am »
Drimaster,   or cfr  both great tools, both have fors and against 

but they are both indispensable after using them

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

carlton care

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 08:58:01 am »
Tools don't leave fabric or carpets wet. Working at too high a psi, or too low vacuumation can cause overwetting. Or simply  putting down too much water !

Obvious ?  Yes, but one of the most common errors made by new, untrained, inexperienced c/c's, is putting to much water down and overwetting !

Does'nt matter what tool or machine is being used either !

Learn about what prespray will break down, or emulsify the soiling, whether you just leave it to part the soiling from the fabrics or needs aggitation to work it's magic.

The tools are just rinsing, allbeit, ably assisted with air flow, provided by vacuum action.

As far as BEST tool is concerned, that comes down to personal choice. In my limited experience I have found the CFR to be my favourite. You can dwell on heavily soiled areas without overwetting, but it does go through a lot of water, not a problem with the re cycling machine, but could be a pain on a small capacity machine.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:29:19 am »

I disagree with the previous post, I believe the correct upholstery tool is a very important part of the cleaning process and can make a huge difference to the end result. The reason for overwetting most of the time is caused by the use of improper tools as well as a lack of training and incorrect use of the cleaning pie.

The cfr has versatility as you can interchange the cleaning heads and the size of the jets
to suit the job.

The Drimaster uses jetless technology and is very easy to use. The new drimaster has just become available.
Both of these tools will leave the fabric pretty dry.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:37:32 pm »
i use the drimaster and find it brilliant
no strain on wrists cause theres no trigger to pull
leaves suites much dryer and makes a suite much easier and quicker to do
still dislike cleaning suites though!

kinder clean

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:50:08 pm »
CFR gets my vote, go for the 5" head model over the 3" and use for stairs and curtains too.

Paul Kinder Clean

carlton care

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 01:54:06 pm »
Derek

I was going a bit beyond just commenting on WHICH IS BEST to alert new starts on things to avoid. I'm sure it happened to you and most of the rest of us.

The instinctive thing to do WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER is keep adding more water, with the obvious result.

If you do know better, you can still get excellent drying times with loads of different tools by using the right approach.

I agree that the CFR is excellent having used it for many years. Just suggesting, for those who don't have the spare cash, they can still get a result by using the correct approach.

Funny how things change................I have praised the CFR for about three years and got nothing but abuse for doing so. It seems there are now plenty of fans around now.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 07:10:22 pm »
Rob you are a d*ck ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:27:26 pm »
I've been using the CFR for about 10 years (if memory serves me right) to say that everyone has slagged it off is a bit harsh as most cleaners have got one or had one.

Rob you are a d*ck

That is a disgrace agree with Rob or not as I usually don't there is no need for that on here.

Shaun

Timmy Boy

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 07:45:26 pm »
I have a cfr ad a drimaster. I find that the drimaster is best for upholstery and I use my CFR for stairs ad rugs. :)

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 08:08:43 pm »
I've been using the CFR for about 10 years (if memory serves me right) to say that everyone has slagged it off is a bit harsh as most cleaners have got one or had one.

Rob you are a d*ck

That is a disgrace agree with Rob or not as I usually don't there is no need for that on here.

Shaun

Shaun I have to agree, but this guy seems a bit of an idiot ( know it all type that knows nothing) If you know what I mean  ;)

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 08:14:22 pm »
There is a CFR on ebay I might try for.