*c4carpetcleaning

Alltec's new machines
« on: July 18, 2008, 07:07:47 pm »
Alltec has a new model out porty 600psi called the advance, anyone have one yet?

Kev Loomes

Re: Alltec's new machines
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 07:25:25 pm »
Same spec as the Advantage - only difference is the pump and it looks a bit different.

It's aimed at hard floor cleaning hence the extra psi - you couldnt clean carpets at 600psi with twin vacs - unless maybe with a wonderwand, but then your tank would empty rather quickly :P

clinton

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 07:26:40 pm »
Has it got two or three vacs?Could not see it on there site...

jeff1966

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 08:52:11 pm »
Kev, the tank woudn't empty any quicker using the Wonderwand I thought the same when I replaced my Excel their no significant increase in water. Must be the smaller jets.
                                    Jeff

Gary Webber

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:18:19 pm »
I find it strange you would want 600psi on hard floor areas? If most people checkd their pumps/flow/output at the t jet they would find a whole host of discrepencies. How many people are going throuh pumps evey six to 8 months? There is no way anyone could physically use 600 psi. the pumps are working on backpressure and are constantly pumping through the pumpheads which cannot handle these types of pressures/flows.

One day soon someone is going to invent a machine that dispells these myths and uses the correct flow/psi ratios. Or maye someone already has............

*c4carpetcleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 09:36:12 pm »
Just read up on the Rotovac 360 - a brilliant bit of kit.Check out the vids on you tube. I'm throwing the wand out of the van.....

Kev Loomes

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 10:39:27 pm »
The 360's not for everyone. I think its a case of you either luv em or hate em. Heavy and carpet is wetter than a wand, which means wanding to help drying - so I've heard, but a much better clean. Often see them for sale though. More suited to a commercial environment.

The RX20 is another option, apparently better but more expensive.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 10:45:37 am »
There is  a variable speed rotovac

You can fit brushes but apparentley not a lot of good on grout.

They are about £1350 on World of Clean Website but you need to check parts are available from supplier as it is doubtful that Alltec will service them

To date Alltec have not reduced theirs, officially  but might be worth asking as thy do have phrase

If you can find a machine with the same specification as an Alltec machine  etc we will match price plus  etc

So this clause might not apply to Rotovac

Dave_Lee

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 02:10:55 pm »
Gary,
Re your last paragraph. Do you not think that Alltec has thought this through and have applied a pump that has the capability of 600 psi without the back pressure issues that you mention. Higher pressure for tile & grout as it is controlled indoor pressure washing.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 02:03:24 pm »
i have a rotavac 360 they are  really good but if you dont turn the valve to control the presure hose it is fine and is just has dry if not drier then a wand does really good job but cant use in tile carpets .and i do have a number for a place who deal in repairs and spares if you ever need it .
and you sweat less with one alot easier then wand think of it 1500 rotations a minute to yours .
 ;D

clinton

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 02:23:27 pm »
Allstar are you the guy who had the quad From alltec?...