Re: my prices
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 10:55:04 pm »
Maybe you are right, especially with staff. Still have a think about what's been siad though, no harm in just having a think about it.

richie

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2008, 10:55:23 pm »
So a fitter, mechanic or engineer is better than us CLEANERS?  Most of them charge around £50 per hour and dont even break sweat.  You may well be JUST A CLEANER but i can tell you that most on here are carpet & upholstery Restoration Technicians.  I am proud to be in this GREAT industry.  We often get £50 per hour & offer great value for money in what we do.  The other day i cleaned a lounge/diner and charged £83.00,  from set up to set down it took me 1 hour 10 minutes. The customer had informed me that she had a plumber in the week before that was in her house less than 4 hours & charged £300 labour.  She went on to say that i offered EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY & that she thought the plumber was a rip off.

Richie.

*brightclean

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 10:55:45 pm »
Shaun
There was a fellow by the name of Cohen in the 1960's. His idea was also "pile high sell cheap".  He started a business called Tesco.
Look at their profits now.  Maybe Brightclean (if he is not on a windup) is following this business formula

Thats how Im building the business up, its my way and its working, and know I dont wind anyone up.....

davep

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 10:56:39 pm »
Qoute from BC..  Lower your prices = larger custy base = higher turnover = stabilised profit margins

Sounds like your running around like headless chickens!

Another quote from BC.. We have 7 lounges to do, 3 suites, 9 bedrooms and 2 h/s/l

4 people doing all that?

Again, headless chickens spring to mind!

elliott cleaning

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 10:58:11 pm »
Good for you Brightclean

God,  this thread must now have been hammered to death, or will it go around in another circle

Roy Edwards

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 10:59:06 pm »
Lets not forget what the orig post is

These are my prices, seems like I need to up them...

Lounge £15
Diner £10
suite £65
hsl £25
rug £4

min call out charge £50

Shocked Shocked

Think as nobody on here has said they are as cheap as you,it is safe to say you can put your prices up a little ;)

*brightclean

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2008, 10:59:41 pm »
So a fitter, mechanic or engineer is better than us CLEANERS?  Most of them charge around £50 per hour and dont even break sweat.  You may well be JUST A CLEANER but i can tell you that most on here are carpet & upholstery Restoration Technicians.  I am proud to be in this GREAT industry.  We often get £50 per hour & offer great value for money in what we do.  The other day i cleaned a lounge/diner and charged £83.00,  from set up to set down it took me 1 hour 10 minutes. The customer had informed me that she had a plumber in the week before that was in her house less than 4 hours & charged £300 labour.  She went on to say that i offered EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY & that she thought the plumber was a rip off.

Richie.

Your customer could have had the same job completed with us for £50 (min charge).

Let me say that this is the easiest 'trade' to get into, you dont even have to serve an apprentiship, just buy a porty and away you go, some 'trade'..... but, yes, I love carpet cleaning, don't know why but its in my blood....

With our min charge we dont come far off your charge BTW...

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2008, 11:00:32 pm »
I'm not saying it can't be done but it's stressful if things go a bit Pete Tong and the minimum wage goes up a bump and petrol goes up even further.

Shaun

*brightclean

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2008, 11:01:44 pm »
I'm not saying it can't be done but it's stressful if things go a bit Pete Tong and the minimum wage goes up a bump and petrol goes up even further.

Shaun

Like everyone, we can ajust our prices overnight   ;)

*brightclean

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2008, 11:03:06 pm »
Lets not forget what the orig post is

These are my prices, seems like I need to up them...

Lounge £15
Diner £10
suite £65
hsl £25
rug £4

min call out charge £50

Shocked Shocked

Think as nobody on here has said they are as cheap as you,it is safe to say you can put your prices up a little ;)

I was taking the p@ss!!   :o

I was so shocked at what you guys are charging....

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2008, 11:05:55 pm »
Can I ask, are you employing carpet and upholstery cleaners at minimum wage?

If so don't you find they leave, set up on their own and make more money? After all like you say all you need is a porty and a bucket.

*brightclean

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2008, 11:07:23 pm »
Can I ask, are you employing carpet and upholstery cleaners at minimum wage?

If so don't you find they leave, set up on their own and make more money? After all like you say all you need is a porty and a bucket.

1. Yes
2. No they dont as none of them can offord to
3. I didn't say you needed a bucket   ;D

Paul Davidson

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2008, 11:08:19 pm »
This is a wind up!  ::)

Just leave him be!

*brightclean

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2008, 11:11:21 pm »
This is a wind up!  ::)

Just leave him be!

Your a strange lot, im off as ive a busy day tom answering the phones and organising staff. Happy cleaning folks? (did my original question get answered I cant remember, but thanks anyway)

John Gregory

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2008, 11:14:45 pm »
i'm knackered after all that reading , Goodnight , Brightclean , Tom . and Simon

john

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2008, 11:17:12 pm »
Eh John, a bit less of the banter you. ;)

gwrightson

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2008, 07:05:07 am »
Just read this thread for the first time this morning,

First thing that sprung to mind " brightclean is taking the p**s , low and behold , as i read down the posts, mike comes out with Wind up merchant,
got to agree ;D

A point nobody seems to have picked up on is, according to bright clean , he is so busy , and full up every day and making a living YET!! He is about to put a speciial offfer up.

"get you lounge carpet cleaned , your suite half price," I believe was stated :D  :D  :D

WHY???????????????????   if so busy

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2008, 07:15:04 am »
but he's got everyone talking, and its good to talk,

so he's done us all a favour,  we should reccomend he goes over to cleantalk, he would quadruple thier yearly  posts in an hour :D :D

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2008, 07:57:15 am »
I think he has a great business plan , there is a company, albeit in retail that is increasing turnover and profits in a massive way right now , they have a business plan , they stick to it , and it works. They sell some good products , but even more really bad products, as we mostly all ASSUME Bright clean does. I am seriously considering setting up this kind of operation , to appeal to the social housing/benefit/carpetright type of demographic.
The retailer I am talking about is called  Aldebrecht discounts..... commonly known as .... ALDI.
Also spectacles can be bought from vision express for £300 plus/pair... the same pair , with free sunglasses are 129 from specsavers, different service standards , different business model, both companies make outstanding profits, except the franchisor of Specsavers (the "daft" cheap one") ,is based in Jersey , for tax reasons.

Go Brightclean..... if what you say is true carry on .

P.S. my prices are not high, yet I drive a very nice car , buy property regularly , and have a decent income , neither do I work more than 40 hours most weeks. I have employees to do all the running around.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2008, 08:25:20 am »
Is there anyone else who lives in Coventry  who can confirm that this company is charging these low prices

To me the entire idea is dependent on Volume

So what do you do, or did three years ago to get phone ringing

Your Maintence Plan is that on a Standing Order

Sorry to be sceptical  but a lot of people read The Forum  so evidence would be good.

Have you a Web Site?