Roy Edwards

Re: my prices
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 10:17:51 pm »
you will clean a suite for 32.50  and they say  there worried about inflation on the news  :)

*brightclean

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 10:19:34 pm »
So you are doing a 3pc suite (£65) and a carpet for free for £32.50?

That's 3 hours.

Shaun

PS I have a full week this week and next but I'm not charging those prices perhaps I should increase me prices to suit.

We will clean their lounge carpet for £15 + suite £32.50 =  £47.50

;)

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 10:21:19 pm »
Ultimately it's your business I guess. Good luck with it.

*brightclean

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »
you will clean a suite for 32.50  and they say  there worried about inflation on the news  :)

Thats rich, we charge £65 to clean a suite, looking at your website you only charge £20 more lol

derek west

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 10:25:03 pm »
how can it be £47.50, your min charge is £50 so the offer doesn't really work.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 10:25:49 pm »
Sensible post Mike.

If Brightclean are content with what they charge, so be it

Can't recall any posts from others in Coventry bitching about losing business to Brightclean

*brightclean

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 10:29:51 pm »
Well, next time cleaners (and thats all we are) moan on here about not getting any work in, cant make a living, then think about my few posts and their content.

Lower your prices = larger custy base = higher turnover = stabilised profit margins

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 10:37:09 pm »
Do you know for sure you are making a profit, how long have you been trading?

This just cleaning thing is a mindset that will keep you poor. You run a business, there are loads of people on here who are 'just cleaners' who make over £50 an hour, have customers who stick with them and recommend them.

They are not 'just cleaners' they are business people.

richie

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 10:38:28 pm »
If Brightclean chooses to charge what we all think is silly low prices then that is his choice & if he is earning a living that suits his needs then fair play to him.  One comment that i found offensive that Brightclean made is "WE ARE ONLY CLEANERS".  Brightclean,  are you saying that cleaners are at the lower end of the scale?  Who is it that keeps top hotels looking so good?  who is it that keeps all the Mansions looking so good?  I will tell you who.....CLEANERS.  Some i agree are scrubbers that dont care but i think that you will find that many & 99% on this forum take great pride in their work/business and make more money than NON CLEANERS.  I know CLEANERS that are hands on in their business & there business take between £50,000 - £350,000 per year.  Those figures dont sound like the lower end of the scale to me.

Richie.

Roy Edwards

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 10:39:03 pm »

Thats rich, we charge £65 to clean a suite, looking at your website you only charge £20 more lol
£85 is a fair price i think so that is what we charge
 £65 if you can do it for that  good on you
 £32.50  lol

elliott cleaning

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 10:40:07 pm »
Brightclean.   Yes, we are all cleaners, but we all have our respective markets.   Afraid that if I went into one of my customers & told them I was charging what you have quoted above, they would probably be terrified as to what I might do to their soft furnishings.   That's not to say you shouldn't charge what you do. I just get the impression that you service a different customer range than myself

*brightclean

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 10:41:40 pm »
Do you know for sure you are making a profit, how long have you been trading?

This just cleaning thing is a mindset that will keep you poor. You run a business, there are loads of people on here who are 'just cleaners' who make over £50 an hour, have customers who stick with them and recommend them.

They are not 'just cleaners' they are business people.

Thats very true, however most are one man bands and they are still CLEANERS! (as well as business people)

Ours is a company thats been trading for 3 years next month, yes we are making a profit (according to my sage software and accountant) and yes I own the business.

I employ staff who get paid for what they do. £50 per hour is totally outrageous to charge someone for cleaning, in other words injecting water into their fabrics...

Unbelievable.......

*brightclean

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:30 pm »
If Brightclean chooses to charge what we all think is silly low prices then that is his choice & if he is earning a living that suits his needs then fair play to him.  One comment that i found offensive that Brightclean made is "WE ARE ONLY CLEANERS".  Brightclean,  are you saying that cleaners are at the lower end of the scale?  Who is it that keeps top hotels looking so good?  who is it that keeps all the Mansions looking so good?  I will tell you who.....CLEANERS.  Some i agree are scrubbers that dont care but i think that you will find that many & 99% on this forum take great pride in their work/business and make more money than NON CLEANERS.  I know CLEANERS that are hands on in their business & there business take between £50,000 - £350,000 per year.  Those figures dont sound like the lower end of the scale to me.

Richie.

Offensive or not, the reality is you ARE A CLEANER!

Not a fitter, mechanic or engineer, simply a cleaner.....

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 10:48:07 pm »
Does anyone remember 'Ron' AKA 'Jack' RIP, it's the same US idea, pile it high sell it cheap, but IMO there's not much sway if things go quiet or a machine or van goes down as you have a crew sat around getting paid for doing nowt or you hire them a van but that comes out of the profit.

Looking at a half price cleanind in your area leaflet the other day and even they are expensive compared to these prices, I think that their lounge cleaning starts at £18.

Shaun

Paul Davidson

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 10:49:22 pm »
Maybe Bright clean is really Simon or Tom, working on some reverse psycology! :o

Sorry Simon!!!,

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 10:50:07 pm »
Sounds like you will be still doing the same thing in forty years time, crippled body but can't give up cos you didn't make enough, when you easily could have. That would be very sad indeed.

*brightclean

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 10:50:28 pm »
Does anyone remember 'Ron' AKA 'Jack' RIP, it's the same US idea, pile it high sell it cheap, but IMO there's not much sway if things go quiet or a machine or van goes down as you have a crew sat around getting paid for doing nowt or you hire them a van but that comes out of the profit.

Looking at a half price cleanind in your area leaflet the other day and even they are expensive compared to these prices, I think that their lounge cleaning starts at £18.

Shaun

Lord whats his name who owns Carpetsh@te runs on the same principle, sell cheap, high turnover, high customer base.......

*brightclean

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 10:51:30 pm »
Sounds like you will be still doing the same thing in forty years time, crippled body but can't give up cos you didn't make enough, when you easily could have. That would be very sad indeed.

In 40 years time ill probably be dead, but if im not, my staff will continue cleaning for me in the same manner.

*brightclean

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 10:53:47 pm »
Dont forget most of u r one man banders (nothing wrong with that) but my business is growing year on year on my methods, and I personally dont have to work on the 'front line' anymore (but I chose to at the moment as I enjoy it).

If I wanted to I canm jsut sit back and answer the phone, how many CLEANERS on here can say the same??

elliott cleaning

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 10:54:14 pm »
Shaun
There was a fellow by the name of Cohen in the 1960's. His idea was also "pile high sell cheap".  He started a business called Tesco.
Look at their profits now.  Maybe Brightclean (if he is not on a windup) is following this business formula