*paul_moss

CCDO Leather
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:34:08 pm »
Ian why has this been locked ?
I have asked for a show of hands and a lot of the guys have come forward,im sue there will be more as the week goes on. They wont be able to post if you lock the thread.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

stevegunn

Re: CCDO Leather
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:45:12 pm »
Yes why every time leather is mentioned on this board ltt come on lording it up how their way is the best and only way to go,yet it is us who suffer when an interesting thread turns into a slanging match mainly due to their lack of professionalism in slagging off other methods or products >:(

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:00:33 pm »
The problem with open forums is that they allow people to present products, systems etc. without any easy reference to their background.  If these products, systems etc. then cannot stand technical scrutiny from people already in the industry that those products, systems pertain to then do they have a right to be there? which is what we are probing.

Andy has been in the leather care industry in one form or another for 20 years and I have been involved for the past 6 years, this does not make us right but if you cannot stand the sort of criticism that we have taken over the past 6 years then maybe you should question the belief in the products, systems that you are presenting.

We never slag off anything we only question (the slagging off seems to come when the other party runs out of technical know how).
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:09:42 pm »
Judy you have twice now stated that I have banned Andy from the CCDO. Last week I asked you to qualify that statement which you never did.
Just to put the record straight, I am not running this day and cannot choose who and who does not go. After speaking to both Jason and Peter I find that Ltt are not welcome there because of your attitude which is reflected often on this forum.
I for one totally agree with the ban especially in view of your recent posts.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:10:27 pm »
The problem with open forums is that they allow people to present products, systems etc. without any easy reference to their background.  If these products, systems etc. then cannot stand technical scrutiny from people already in the industry that those products, systems pertain to then do they have a right to be there? which is what we are probing.

Andy has been in the leather care industry in one form or another for 20 years and I have been involved for the past 6 years, this does not make us right but if you cannot stand the sort of criticism that we have taken over the past 6 years then maybe you should question the belief in the products, systems that you are presenting.

We never slag off anything we only question (the slagging off seems to come when the other party runs out of technical know how).

Well lets go down that route shall we Furniture Clinic posted the test results for ultra clean on this forum you were asked to do the same but we are still waiting?It seems your quick enough to question other people but are not so forthcoming yourself in publishing your test results for your cleaning product.It works both ways its called competition.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:21:16 pm »
Paul

It was locked because what I have been afraid of happened

I do not want another Solutions type war over Leather.

So please do not insult one another.
I have know re read all of the posts not just the insults so i willl unlock it.

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 09:28:54 pm »
Ultra Clean is fine as we know who makes it so have no problem with that at all and have never said we have.  It works as a basic cleaner.

ANDY was banned after his research of sacrificial sponges for cleaning leather (as requested by Paul) on the premise told to us by Pete Sweeney that if Andy was there Paul would not go so therfore he would have a problem running the day.

We can gladly publish these results if you want us to together with photos.  We are always happy to publish results but don't find it a very professional approach to these matters as we are always criticised by people who have a lack of knowledge of the subject matter.

http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

carpet guy

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »
Judy

You are like the proverbial " dog with a bone "and have lost the respect of many, including myself. I had hoped to attend a day or two in Harrogate in the near future, but I'm afraid this is no longer appealing, which is sad.
I met you in Glasgow last year and was impressed by Andy..................I also met Ben last year and was equally impressed............
You should take a look through posts by Ed Valentine... .............Ken Wainwright ...........Steve Carpenter and the like..............they have a communication skill, which you sadly lack and could be costly for your business.
No I'm not a " buddy " of the other lads, in fact I'm occasionally a pain in the butt to en at most of them, but even at my advanced years and considerable expeience, I don't know everything about anything, but I do know a lot about a great deal..............including people and always keep an open mind.

rob

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 09:33:06 pm »
I am now locking this one as the origional is know open minus insults etc.