HQCS (John Kastrian)

Re: 2008 mentoring
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 02:36:45 pm »
 With comments like"this business is tough,really tough",they must be doing something very wrong.
Personally I think the cc business is easy,you don't need A levels and you don't even need to get your hands dirty.
If someone offers to help others that may need a bit of an extra push in the right direction,that should be commended not condemned.
I am sure there are excellent carpet cleaners on here that are not particularly good business managers,and may need advice on how to promote themselves and their business.-John

Bennie25

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 02:40:30 pm »
I think its an extremly kind offer

Mr. John Thomas seems to me a very nasty person, does he know what these forums are for? are you here just to take to help yourself?

paul_smith

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 02:47:33 pm »
A great offer from Mr Moss,if at all possible i would like to be part of it.
Paul, a belated thanks for the pub work in July a really good month for me.
Don't get sucked in by the negative tossers!
cheers

Paul

carpet guy

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 04:19:51 pm »
Ironically,  Mike Boxall the site sponsor, has just posted a raft of training events, something many have been requesting, on a regular basis.

*paul_moss

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 07:07:36 pm »
Smithy give us a ring.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

garyj

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 07:39:44 pm »
I'd also like to help as I think this is a good idea. I'd like to take two people under my wing for a year and help them to read and write, the course will also include correct use of grammar. So if anyone is interested in learning how to speak and write properly give me a ring and leave a grunt on the answerphone. No point in sending an email as I probably wouldn't be able to decipher it  :P.

And if there is anyone who would like to mentor me the criteria I am in looking for in my Guru is:-

Must be earning at least a million a year, net.

Have at least 4 cars, one of which is a Ferrari Enzo.

Live in a multi-million pound mansion and have a large villa in Marbella.

;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 07:48:25 pm »
Paul I think you need to be very careful who you decide to mentor, like you say you are going to show someone how you have achieved success and I would presume you are going to ask them to copy the systems you have in place to emulate your success.

this in my opinion is a flawed strategy, areas & people are different, I don't believe if someone in the Scottish highlands ( or central London)  did exactly same as me they would achieve my success.

Also my business strategies  would not work for someone who wanted to concentrate on cultivating a business serving mainly commercial customers.

whoever you mentor need to be like you and live in a similar geographical area so your business practices can be copied with success.

I'm making a lot of assumption in this post so if I'm off target I apologise

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 07:54:23 pm »
No Mike your correct,in part anyway.
Thats why I need info on the people who were interested,however most can be adapted.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Bennie25

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 08:40:16 pm »
I'd also like to help as I think this is a good idea. I'd like to take two people under my wing for a year and help them to read and write, the course will also include correct use of grammar. So if anyone is interested in learning how to speak and write properly give me a ring and leave a grunt on the answerphone. No point in sending an email as I probably wouldn't be able to decipher it  :P.

And if there is anyone who would like to mentor me the criteria I am in looking for in my Guru is:-

Must be earning at least a million a year, net.

Have at least 4 cars, one of which is a Ferrari Enzo.

Live in a multi-million pound mansion and have a large villa in Marbella.

;D

LOL good post ;D

Jason Hedges

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2007, 08:57:42 pm »
Hi Paul merry xmas!

This is a truly amazing offer and will help a couple of lucky people tremendously.

You have helped me out on several occasions and I appreciate it very much.

Good for you mate, you're a star ;D

All the best,
Jason.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 11:30:24 pm »
Why cant a kind gesture be taken as just that ???

Whats the world coming too!

garyj

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 11:44:42 pm »
Jas dont worry about it mate, broad shoulders and all that.
Gary has got a metal plate in his head from an accident a long time ago.
 He has to go back into hospital next week to get it changed because each time his misus switches the microwave on he plsses his pants and forgets where he is for half an hour or so. ;D

Great reply Paul,  should have some real businessmen queuing up for your words of wisdom now  :P

;D ;D

Jason Hedges

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 11:50:58 pm »
You're a joke Gary, not the funny kind!

Go to bed, think its past your bed time >:(!

carpet guy

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 12:37:16 am »
Throughout my twenty odd years in this industry, people avoided each other, rather than worked together.       

Through the short time this forum has been running a niche of confident, like minded people have chatted, met, swapped insults and ideas and generally speaking,  formed a trusting relationship with each other.

That can only be good for the future of the industry and I commend the participants, for what they are.

Some people are insecure, others just lack confidence, others are open minded and willing to learn.  Many have benefitted from the knowlege of the few, not just from their practical experience, but their guidance and encouragement. That is human nature at it's best.

It's easy and understandable for some to be cynical, or unsure of motives, when a hand is offered in friendship, or a solution is suggested, to resolve a problem.

A major problem in c/c is the lack of accepted standards, so everyone tries everything and they all get hugely differing results, because, even when using the same products, there are still dozens of variables, due to the huge variety of equipment and tools available.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 01:25:33 am »
Throughout my twenty odd years in this industry, people avoided each other, rather than worked together.

Hi Rob. How true you are!

I work within 2 miles of an ex-chemdry franchisee who said speaking to competition was out the window, I speak to him on a fairly regular basis now as friends, it wouldnt have happened before these forums!!! As you say we have the odd banter and joke but I respect him tremendously for being in this business locally for soooooo long and making a success of it ;D.

Too many people are too quick to jump on the dubious bandwagon, when there are really people out the that offer advice and knowledge free of charge!

Paul has helped me on numerous occasions and answered his phone during a job and given much needed advice, something that cant be underestimated when help is needed there and then!

I think with the internet all trades can work more closely together and work as a team rather than as one. I have passed work on through internet enquiries far, far afield to people on mainly this forum and have received work from others also......

I understand peoples doubts but if the advice is free what do they have to lose!

If some of the doubters were more forthcoming with their advice or suggestions rather than posting negatively then the forums might be a happier place. If you've got nothing to say for the benefit of the topic dont bother!

All the best,
Jason.

garyj

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 01:35:46 am »
You're a joke Gary, not the funny kind!

Go to bed, think its past your bed time >:(!

LMAO, sense of humour bypass or what. Is that the best you can come up with " Go to bed "  ???

The original reply was obviously a bit of light hearted banter, I really thought it would have been taken in the spirit it was intended, but got the obligatory ranting reply, which in fairness was deleted.

At least my reply was with my tongue in my cheek.

Surely if you are going to come on here and start a couple of threads that offer help and advice for free you're going to raise a few eyebrows and get a few comments. I think Paul's idea is kind and hope it works, why he is doing it is beyond me, but fair play to him.

I don't agree with the heavy handed "we'll meet face to face" comments, almost laughable coming from a 46 year old businessman. No doubt at some point we will all meet, quite a few I've already met! doubt we'll all get on, but that's healthy, don't won't too much man love going on in here.

In essence, hope it works, and all the participants are over consensual age, but don't have a go at me for adding a bit of a laugh. And it's normally only women that tell me when to go to bed  ;D

Jason Hedges

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 01:54:16 am »
Gary you've deleted you insulting post to Paul ??? That wasnt lighthearted banter!!!

I was merely standing up for someone that has helped me and lots of other people out.

The "go to bed" phrase was wrong and i apologise, my missus uses it all the time ;D

I'm the first person to enjoy a bit of light hearted banter, i didnt feel this fitted the bill though.

What Paul is attempting is a first in my book, free advice to a couple of newbies to the industry.

Just saying its a very generous thing to do and I think you agree ;)

All the best,
Jason.

mitch2810

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 11:08:08 am »
Very generous offer Paul. You have E.mail

Rob_Mac

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2007, 01:45:35 pm »
John Thomas

Iv'e just been into your profile and what there is about you is not a lot.

Had a look at your posts all 9 of them - are you angry about something - has life been hard on you.

You are not going to ingratiate with anyone on here with your current attitude

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2007, 02:50:18 pm »
John

I don't have a problem with anyone offering an opinion but I believe that a genuine offer of help and assistance has been made to look as if it was for gain and then it got nasty.

John I wont be drawn into a row but it was what it was a genuine offer to pass understanding on - how do I know because I am the same person and there is a great deal of worth to be gained from seeing someone succeed from your knowledge.

I wish you success in the new year but the tone of your replys has been confrontational when there has been no need. People aren't all at the same level and what to you may seem the obvious is not always the case to someone else.

Rob ;D