*paul_moss

Hoover performance
« on: October 10, 2004, 10:13:00 pm »
Lots of talk on the forum about the Sebo,rightly so as its a  quality machine.
This week I had the opportunity to try out a new hoover before buying ( a nice supplier ) it is a Ensign 360 contract. Very similar in design as the Sebo.
I found the pick up increadable.

Has anybody else used or currently use the Ensign

Paul

Ensign 360 contract
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Dynafoam

Re: Hoover performance
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 11:14:33 pm »
Paul,

This is a Sebo (rebadged) with a diferent colour scheme !

It can also be bought badged as Jeyes Industrial.

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 11:48:18 pm »
Thanks  John that answers it.
Paul
[/b]
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 02:15:19 am »
While at Carpex we were reminded about Pre Vac in the Robert Saunders seminar . Not many hands went up when asked who pre vacs.

I think we did not want to reveal our methods.

My question is what makes the Sebo better for the job than my Dyson.

Had another look today to justify my purchase and it said my model  had best filteratin and pick up of bagless models. This was three years ago.

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 10:01:51 am »
Ian,

The Sebo BS36 & BS46 were designed as commercial equipment and over the years have proved to be extremely rugged and reliable.  I have examples that are over 20 years old that still perform as new. The Dyson was, in a recent survey, voted the least reliable domestic vacuum cleaner, whereas the sebo domestic model was voted top.

The single motor of the Dyson must provide both airflow and brush power whereas the Sebo has two motors.

Aside from the above, the other factor is that when a professional cleaner  comes to clean a carpet, Mrs Housewife expects to see professional equipment, and this is  not the same when she is thinking "I've got one of those in the cupboard" (maybe even a later model).