Derek_Walker

Re: T.A.C.C.A. your thoughts
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 06:01:43 pm »
I think it is far too early to make any sort of a judgement at this time, as no money is involved. When you have to start paying dues like the NCCA then it becomes more important, you have to justify spending your hard earned money.

bennymon

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 06:03:04 pm »
Well I will be going to the TACCA day I'm looking forward to meeting the lads  a few beers a curry and learn a few new things. It's you that will miss out Andrew and for no real reason .

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 06:05:26 pm »
Derek has spent a small fortune just getting the website built and also put his own business at risk by devoting huge amounts of his time in setting up TACCA.

He doesn't need to come on here and defend himself or justify his actions.

It costs nothing to join TACCA so there is nothing to complain about.

As far as setting up an official association is concerned with elected officials, admin costs and general meetings etc etc, there is a time and a place for that and I'm sure Derek is in no rush to do that just yet.

At the moment TACCA is a group of like-minded individuals looking to learn, network and improve. There is no work offered and no work promised.

What is the problem ??

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 06:09:08 pm »
Dereks done an impressive job so far and must have put in a lot of hard work.

Now it needs to move forward to its original plan which was charging and national advertising to bring in work for its members. When it starts charging some of the workload can be shifted off Derek.

I agree with that. But shifting the work load from one man to a properly elected Committee is the way forward now. In any event potential sponsors and advertisers often ask to see main elected member's (President, Vice-President, Treasurer) and the constitution before entering any deals.

You wont see any National advertising under the current set up as it is too costly.

Look at the wider, bigger picture ahead not just what tomorrow is going to bring...

peter maybury

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 06:12:33 pm »
Andrew,
who are you to push your wishes on to other people. People are not forced into joining TACCA and the people that have are happy with things the way they are. What right have you to dictate to anybody.
What are your sour grapes about?

Peter

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 06:14:25 pm »
So, it sounds that not only 'TACCA' are picky with who they 'let in', they're also appear to be picky who can demonstrate/show off their products at the show  ???

I suppose if there had been a Committee decision, LTT would have been allowed to demonstrate and show their new products off. But dictatorships rule I suppose when there's no democracy!  :)

In response to the above my understanding is this......

Derek doesn't want the day to be suppliers pushing their products but more about professionals sharing their knowledge.

This is why I am billed as representing CSUK our commercial maintenance division and not our retail identity.

I will also be bringing every system I have and can get hold of. Not just those that I supply. By the time of the event I will have spoken to the suppliers of all systems and products in the UK. Those that can't/supply them for the day I will source from operators I know that already have them so that they can all be put to use side by side ,if desired, in a "live" situation.

The event could easily have become a mini trade show similar to the NCCA Carpet Cleaners Carnival potentially generating good income for TACCA through the sale of "pitches" but as previously mentioned this isn't what the event is to be about.

No offence to the NCCA intended here. The CCC is also a great event and Derek is right be careful to offer something different.

Some may be quick to dismiss it as pub car park training. I know I learnt a few valuable life lessons from time spent in that environment.

Is it really worth you bringing every system you can get hold of when there will probably be only about 40 odd cleaner's attending (deducted no shows/illnesses), that's a trickle of 3 cleaner's per hour.

At least if it is quiet I will have loads of toys to play with.
They could all be seen at the cleaning show in March on nice clean carpets if you want to view them as part of a bigger audience.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 06:18:46 pm »

Andrew,
who are you to push your wishes on to other people. People are not forced into joining TACCA and the people that have are happy with things the way they are. What right have you to dictate to anybody.
What are your sour grapes about?

Peter

Your first comment is exactly what the founder is doing.

Leave things as they are then , but remember this thread in 2 - 3 years time  :)

Simon Gerrard

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2013, 06:23:14 pm »
When I type "carpet cleaner" my area into google Tacca appears on the first page
anyone following the link will get myself or another local cleaner. I have had 2 jobs already from same company, with ongoing work, cost to me zilch  8)
other than meets once a year with others.

I am sure Derek will be setting things out correctly, I see membership is growing rapidly, and is backed by most suppliers, if it leads to tv advertising and more public awareness then it is only good for the industry, the last thing the customer wants is someone coming in spraying whatever on there carpets and damng it up.

If I was worried about how it was being run I would put my views forward

jim mca

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 06:23:49 pm »
 Derek is doing a great job and will continue at his pace as is his right as he is the only investor in this as with anything in life if you don't like it don't join it. I am looking forward to TACCA day should be a really good event

Jim  

wynne jones

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »
Is there any 'legal' requirement to calling yourself an Association? I wasn't aware of any. So if you are going around in your van with TACCA on this side, is that against the law if you don't have the things Andrew is banging on about.  ???
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Dennis

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »
Is there any 'legal' requirement to calling yourself an Association? I wasn't aware of any. So if you are going around in your van with TACCA on this side, is that against the law if you don't have the things Andrew is banging on about.  ???

I wondered the same so had a quick Google.

http://www.netlawman.co.uk/info/unincorporated-associations.php

gwrightson

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2013, 06:37:45 pm »

"the last thing the customer wants is someone coming in spraying whatever on there carpets and damng it up."

Andrew,
  What exactly are you implying ?  Are you suggesting that because I am not a member this is what i will be doing ?

I am not a member ,i have no itention of been a member as yet , that does not mean to say Derick is not doing a   decent job in what he believes, and I wish him luck, but it is remarks like yours  that p*ss me off.

Why would a memebr of tacca or any other body not do exactly what you are suggesting ? Please dont answer me by saying some thing like " they are vetted and have to have met a certain criteria"    

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2013, 06:56:07 pm »
There is another Andrew.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »
It was I who wrote it and in hindsight is not what i was meaning to say. and I have emailed Geoff an appology.

gwrightson

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2013, 07:07:11 pm »

Andrew .
  recieved and accepted .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:21 pm »
Is there any 'legal' requirement to calling yourself an Association? I wasn't aware of any. So if you are going around in your van with TACCA on this side, is that against the law if you don't have the things Andrew is banging on about.  ???

I wondered the same so had a quick Google.

http://www.netlawman.co.uk/info/unincorporated-associations.php

That bit could be worrying if it is an unincorporated association

...."It follows that individual members are legally responsible for the acts and omissions of the entire association."

That means all who are member's are responsible. How can you be if you don't know what's going on   ???  :o

Chris Straker

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2013, 07:09:57 pm »
Watched a progamme the other night about organ donation ........... the amount of people happy to recieve such an organ, was far different than those willing to be donors .......... you need to be in it, to reap the benefits  ::)roll

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2013, 07:16:33 pm »
Chris I think that sounds like one of Len gribble's posts  ;D

Shaun

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2013, 07:22:43 pm »
Watched a progamme the other night about organ donation ........... the amount of people happy to recieve such an organ, was far different than those willing to be donors .......... you need to be in it, to reap the benefits  ::)roll

Agreed. But what you are entering into you must ensure your 'arse is covered' in all directions, legally being one of them.

TACCA member's need the truth. Is it a registered Association or not? Either way, it would appear it's member's are legally responsible for the 'Associations' actions although there is no elected democracy (Committee) in place.

Would you be prepared to go to court if the need arose to cover TACCA's arse?

Would you be prepared to put your hand 'in your pocket' should the need arise to cover TACCA's arse?