Paul Heath

Re: T.A.C.C.A. your thoughts
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 04:58:00 pm »
as it states this event is open to everybody, not just memebers, buy a ticket and come along to voice your opions

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 05:01:48 pm »
I've heard Karl has changed his name to Richard The Third,
as is usually found lifeless in a car park  ;D

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 05:08:19 pm »
as it states this event is open to everybody, not just memebers, buy a ticket and come along to voice your opions

It's not about the event which I think is a good idea, it's about the 'set up' of the Association. However, as someone has pointed "it's his Association so he can run it how he wants".

An Association, and in particular a potential National Association, should be democratic and constituted, managed fairly and efficiently for it's member's and above all be transparent in all its activities, whether financial or otherwise.

Are we seeing total transparency with TACCA now?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 05:16:40 pm »
Hi Guys

The trouble with this industry is that some prefer to knock rather than make any effort.

We had the same thing with the CLEAN association which some critisicised without really knowing anything about it, mainly because they preceived themselves as on the outside.

I wish Derek well he has certainly made great strides.

Cheers

Doug

Dennis

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 05:25:07 pm »
A few years ago I started the Portable Owners & Operators Federation but nobody joined.  :'(

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 05:26:13 pm »
A few years ago I started the Portable Owners & Operators Federation but nobody joined.  :'(

Now, what a good idea!!

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 05:27:27 pm »

It's not about the event which I think is a good idea, it's about the 'set up' of the Association. However, as someone has pointed "it's his Association so he can run it how he wants".

An Association, and in particular a potential National Association, should be democratic and constituted, managed fairly and efficiently for it's member's and above all be transparent in all its activities, whether financial or otherwise.

Andrew,
If you don't like how TACCA is set up and run then join up and change it from within, that way you won't look like a heckler

creighton foyle

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 05:28:10 pm »
derek has said on a number of occasions that his intention is to set it up and get it started then he will leave it to others to help run it.

now in my opinion if the man has used his own resources and time to form tacca then its up to him to say when he thinks the time is right to pass on the baton to others

as stated earlier the event is open to everyone so why not come along and voice your opinion/worries to derek in person its much better than trying to undermine him on this forum.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2013, 05:31:41 pm »

Andrew,
If you don't like how TACCA is set up and run then join up and change it from within, that way you won't look like a heckler

And how does one change things from within if there is no constitution in place to make 'lawful' changes?

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »
its much better than trying to undermine him on this forum.

How am I undermining the founder on here? He has access to this forum therefore he can make/defend his views publicly. Keeping silent on this issue can only damage TACCA's long term reputation as a credible future mainstream 'player'!

bennymon

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2013, 05:38:13 pm »
Derek is doing a great job and we are all happy with the way it's  run and the events that have been put on . We don't need to elect a leader because if people where not pleased with things they would leave .look at the government Andrew hundreds of thousands voted last election and not one person got what they voted for . ;)  ;) del

creighton foyle

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2013, 05:41:28 pm »
andrew the first thing you do is join tacca, it costs nothing so you have nothing to lose. then you come along to one of the events and actually meet derek then you can form an opinion about him and what he is trying to do.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2013, 05:41:48 pm »
Derek is doing a great job and we are all happy with the way it's  run and the events that have been put on . We don't need to elect a leader because if people where not pleased with things they would leave .look at the government Andrew hundreds of thousands voted last election and not one person got what they voted for . ;)  ;) del

That's what was said in the 1930's when Hitler was Leader of his party and look where that ended up?   ::)roll

Dennis

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2013, 05:45:45 pm »
Hah! Godwin's Law - first mention of Hitler!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 05:47:02 pm »
andrew the first thing you do is join tacca, it costs nothing so you have nothing to lose. then you come along to one of the events and actually meet derek then you can form an opinion about him and what he is trying to do.

Regardless of what or which events he is organising, his main priority should be to form an elected Committee, have a constitution which has been scrutinised and passed by member's, have financial accountability and a plan for TACCA which has been approved by the Committee on behalf of its member's.

More fool anyone who pays TACCA any subscription without safe guards in place, whether you have a high regard for the founder or not!

bennymon

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 05:50:04 pm »
But where carpet cleaners I don't think Derek like the new tash westgermany is after world domination or is he lol  ;) del

*Hector*

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 05:50:39 pm »
What subscriptions ??

As far as I know there has been no talk of subscriptions so far...

I am sure that when the time comes for this, there will be a committee in place to vote run the association...

Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

*Hector*

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 05:51:33 pm »
But where carpet cleaners I don't think Derek like the new tash westgermany is after world domination or is he lol  ;) del

No that is Simon Del ...  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2013, 05:55:40 pm »
The trouble is that the majority are happy with the scenario and the minority aren't if that isn't a clear enough message!

Andrew go and make your own association if you aren't happy.

Shaun

Craigp

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »
Dereks done an impressive job so far and must have put in a lot of hard work.

Now it needs to move forward to its original plan which was charging and national advertising to bring in work for its members. When it starts charging some of the workload can be shifted off Derek.