*Hector*

T.A.C.C.A. your thoughts
« on: February 17, 2013, 01:41:58 pm »
due to thread hi-jacking... I thought I would start this thread so that people can voice their opinions about TACCA......

Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Simon Gerrard

Re: T.A.C.C.A. your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 03:05:52 pm »
Considering it was started with the vision of just one man backed up by grit determination whilst the idea was almost scoffed at by many, yet Derek has come through for us all and that is massively to his credit.

Simon

Chris Straker

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 03:16:31 pm »
Simon is spot on ....... how many times have I heard someone bemoan the other association with the words "If I was in charge, I would do ....."

Derek has started a ball rolling, the size & momentum that it gathers, is now down to the number of members. The accrued knowledge and determination that can be combined, should make for a formidible recognised & accepted association for us all to benefit from. I just wonder how many will sit back and watch, only to jump on the band wagon once it is rolling along nicely ........ we all know liklely candidates  ::)roll

Russ Chadd

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 03:28:14 pm »
Yep... i agree with Chris

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 03:32:48 pm »
This will be my third Tacca event, each time it seems to double in attendance,
Met some really good lads and shared different ideas, the trainers like Dave L, Mossy & Dave Ingram have a vast knowledge and teach in a way that is easy to understand,

Looking forward to seeing Jamie from CSUK, cleaning different types of flooring suits the business model I have.

What suprises me is how far some guys travel, the scots come in droves from over the border, along with a few from Ireland. Spending their hard earned on travel and accomodation, yet they still find what they learn invaluable.

It is always a laid back type of day, you watch whichever demos you choose, and at the end of the day, there is always a few beers drunk, have heard Billy is getting a big round in  8)

I would reccomend it to all, however there will always be an odd person whom it dosnt suit .

Andrew

Billy Russell

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 03:35:37 pm »
I love TACCA, its a place where little blowers are accepted!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 03:45:11 pm »
I love TACCA, its a place where little blowers are accepted!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

No Billy, not accepted...tolerated in a very small kind of a way ;D

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 03:49:02 pm »
So, it sounds that not only 'TACCA' are picky with who they 'let in', they're also appear to be picky who can demonstrate/show off their products at the show  ???

I suppose if there had been a Committee decision, LTT would have been allowed to demonstrate and show their new products off. But dictatorships rule I suppose when there's no democracy!  :)

In response to the above my understanding is this......

Derek doesn't want the day to be suppliers pushing their products but more about professionals sharing their knowledge.

This is why I am billed as representing CSUK our commercial maintenance division and not our retail identity.

I will also be bringing every system I have and can get hold of. Not just those that I supply. By the time of the event I will have spoken to the suppliers of all systems and products in the UK. Those that can't/supply them for the day I will source from operators I know that already have them so that they can all be put to use side by side ,if desired, in a "live" situation.

The event could easily have become a mini trade show similar to the NCCA Carpet Cleaners Carnival potentially generating good income for TACCA through the sale of "pitches" but as previously mentioned this isn't what the event is to be about.

No offence to the NCCA intended here. The CCC is also a great event and Derek is right be careful to offer something different.

Some may be quick to dismiss it as pub car park training. I know I learnt a few valuable life lessons from time spent in that environment.

wynne jones

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 03:58:16 pm »
Well hats off to Derek for what he has achieve so far. As Simon says its a good job he didnt take his advice in 2009 and went ahead with the idea anyway.  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 04:11:37 pm »
should make for a formidible recognised & accepted association for us all to benefit from.

It wont until it's run properly, as an Association with an elected Committee from the member's.

Allan Simmons

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 04:12:10 pm »
Well, if what I learned AND went on to EARN since the TACCA training day in a 'lowly community centre' last year is anything to go by you don't need a fancy venue.  The advice Dave Ingram and Jamie Pearson shared was invaluable.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 04:15:08 pm »
So, it sounds that not only 'TACCA' are picky with who they 'let in', they're also appear to be picky who can demonstrate/show off their products at the show  ???

I suppose if there had been a Committee decision, LTT would have been allowed to demonstrate and show their new products off. But dictatorships rule I suppose when there's no democracy!  :)

In response to the above my understanding is this......

Derek doesn't want the day to be suppliers pushing their products but more about professionals sharing their knowledge.

This is why I am billed as representing CSUK our commercial maintenance division and not our retail identity.

I will also be bringing every system I have and can get hold of. Not just those that I supply. By the time of the event I will have spoken to the suppliers of all systems and products in the UK. Those that can't/supply them for the day I will source from operators I know that already have them so that they can all be put to use side by side ,if desired, in a "live" situation.

The event could easily have become a mini trade show similar to the NCCA Carpet Cleaners Carnival potentially generating good income for TACCA through the sale of "pitches" but as previously mentioned this isn't what the event is to be about.

No offence to the NCCA intended here. The CCC is also a great event and Derek is right be careful to offer something different.

Some may be quick to dismiss it as pub car park training. I know I learnt a few valuable life lessons from time spent in that environment.

Is it really worth you bringing every system you can get hold of when there will probably be only about 40 odd cleaner's attending (deducted no shows/illnesses), that's a trickle of 3 cleaner's per hour.

*Hector*

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 04:16:23 pm »
should make for a formidible recognised & accepted association for us all to benefit from.

It wont until it's run properly, as an Association with an elected Committee from the member's.

but at the moment it is an organisation from the effort of 1 man, and now increased to a few...

How many members have the time or inclination to put themselves forward to the vote, and run their own business at the same time.

Whilst the buggers wont have me in ... I think anything that shares knowledge and information and helps others is a good thing...

On a down side...... it tolerates little blowers  :P :P

Billy Russell

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »

but at the moment it is an organisation from the effort of 1 man, and now increased to a few...

How many members have the time or inclination to put themselves forward to the vote, and run their own business at the same time.

Whilst the buggers wont have me in ... I think anything that shares knowledge and information and helps others is a good thing...

On a down side...... it tolerates little blowers  :P :P

Up side though, it won't tolerate muck spreaders!  ;D ;D ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »
who needs an to be a member of an institution  :P :P :P

;D

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 04:26:53 pm »
Contrary to many beliefs, I actually like the idea of TACCA. However, I'm waiting (and other's are too) the day when it is set up properly as a respected managed National Association and not run from a carpet cleaner's back room. At the moment we see TACCA as a website run by an individual and that's it.

Why is the founder not forming a constituted Committee?
Is it because he doesn't like the idea of loosing control over it?
Is it because he will not receive revenue from it once he starts charging cleaner's to belong or advertise with TACCA if an Association is formed?

If TACCA were to set up properly I know a lot more carpet cleaner's would give it credit and support it, but at the moment many see it as a small amount of 'mates' who meet on a forum now and again!

AshWhite

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 04:37:08 pm »
Why does it have to have a label? Even if it is 'a group of mates who like to meet every now and then'. That 'group of mates' all have a common interest in furthering their knowledge and their business, and are willing to invest to do so.

The best thing I learnt was from Karl 'Bear Grylls' Fox, about sleeping rough after getting lost while inebriated. He found a nice warm car, and didn't even have to drink his own p*ss.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »
Contrary to many beliefs, I actually like the idea of TACCA. However, I'm waiting (and other's are too) the day when it is set up properly as a respected managed National Association and not run from a carpet cleaner's back room. At the moment we see TACCA as a website run by an individual and that's it.

Why is the founder not forming a constituted Committee?
Is it because he doesn't like the idea of loosing control over it?
Is it because he will not receive revenue from it once he starts charging cleaner's to belong or advertise with TACCA if an Association is formed?

If TACCA were to set up properly I know a lot more carpet cleaner's would give it credit and support it, but at the moment many see it as a small amount of 'mates' who meet on a forum now and again!

It's his thing, he can do what he likes, if you don't like it don't join. You could set one up and run it the way you want it to.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Billy Russell

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 04:42:39 pm »
Why does it have to have a label? Even if it is 'a group of mates who like to meet every now and then'. That 'group of mates' all have a common interest in furthering their knowledge and their business, and are willing to invest to do so.

The best thing I learnt was from Karl 'Bear Grylls' Fox, about sleeping rough after getting lost while inebriated. He found a nice warm car, and didn't even have to drink his own p*ss.

;D ;D ;D

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 04:48:28 pm »
What is very alarming (looking back at past threads about TACCA) when the mention of forming a constituted Committee arises the founder appears to be silent on this issue??

It's name is 'The Approved Carpet Cleaner's Association' and it is my understanding that every registered Association must have an elected constituted Committee, so either TACCA is at the moment un-registered or it's breaking the rules which are there to protect member's and consumer's  :o