wynne jones

Anyone use Smartnumbers?
« on: July 10, 2010, 08:41:16 pm »
What's the general view on consistency of this service.

Earlier today found my smartnumber either didn't connect at all, got a message saying sorry your call can't be continued or even more worrying went through to Three's top up line - I'm on O2!

Wonder how many calls I've lost!
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

slioch

Re: Anyone use Smartnumbers?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 01:44:57 pm »
Thanks for this post.  They keep bothering me about how they can reduce my costs but reliability is more important.

wynne jones

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:17:50 pm »
Well they have been pretty good up until now.

I emailed them over the weekend and only just got in and no email reply so I'm ringing the Account manager who to be fair has been spot on.

paul wallace

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:10:11 am »
Hi, not sure what these are, can you let me in?  I'm looking at changing from my home number but looking for a cost effective way to divert all calls to a mobile from a landline number, can anyone advise?
Just trying to do a Good-Honest job and make money!

clinton

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 08:41:57 am »
Did you get it sorted wynne ???

Do you get all the calls loged.

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 09:15:06 am »
Hi, not sure what these are, can you let me in?  I'm looking at changing from my home number but looking for a cost effective way to divert all calls to a mobile from a landline number, can anyone advise?

Here is the link to smart numbers. There a more then a few businesses doing a similar service, another I have linked to.
I use both for local numbers for areas I cover.

http://www.smart-numbers.net/

http://www.tamartelecommunications.co.uk/

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 10:43:42 am »
I am with Daisy Comms and have the 0800 no straight on the mobile. Around 12p/min. I tell cust I will ring back and use the free mins on mobile.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

paul wallace

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 06:35:46 pm »

Here is the link to smart numbers. There a more then a few businesses doing a similar service, another I have linked to.
I use both for local numbers for areas I cover.

http://www.smart-numbers.net/

http://www.tamartelecommunications.co.uk/

Cheers Joe, I'm I right in thinking that the divert to a mobile costs £10ish a month plus aound 12p a minute on the divert?

Paul.

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 06:51:50 pm »
Hav'nt a clue Paul.

I just use a local number to divert to my office number and if I am not in then it goes to message machine.

paul wallace

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 07:12:07 pm »
I think I may go for this if BT can't do a package, busy talking online to BT at the mo,  I've a friend who runs a Taxi office and one of his numbers is diverted to a mobile which is at a fixed cost  ???

Thanks anyway Joe.  :D

murky

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 08:24:15 am »
I have 3 'ghost' numbers on smart.

They cost about £5 a month.

BT cost £30.00 a month and no, they wont release the number to go onto smart etc. The smart no will have the code you live in or want but the clever people will realise it not a real number, but like Joe ,who cares it gets the extra work in and its a lot cheaper than BT. And they wonder why people are going over to them, Virgin etc etc.

Murky

Phillip Mold

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 11:31:27 pm »
Confused by this I admit!

I have a BT landline, pay £1.75 p month for the ability to divert to my mobile. If a custy calls the landline I pay for the call onward to the mobile
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

wynne jones

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 04:16:07 pm »
I have yet to find a 'cheap' STD code number divert to mobile. This can be a major cost if you are getting a lot of enquiries and can't shut them up.

Smart numbers want £10 a month plus call charges which vary depending on time of day and you network.

derek west

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 04:26:16 pm »
Confused by this I admit!

I have a BT landline, pay £1.75 p month for the ability to divert to my mobile. If a custy calls the landline I pay for the call onward to the mobile

phil

i think smartnumbers offer a different area code number, not your own area code.

for instance, my area code is 01606, if i wanted to target crewe which is 01270, i could get a number from smart numbers, lets say 01270 123456 and they would divert it to my 01606 number, hence the cost involved.

think i'm right there.

i'm thinking of getting one but probably pay the extra and go with bt, i prefer the security of dealing with an established company and feel its worth the extra money.