NWH

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2018, 09:13:42 pm »
So have I 55-65 on a flow of 80 that’s what I use everyday.

P @ F

« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2018, 09:19:00 pm »
So have I 55-65 on a flow of 80 that’s what I use everyday.
How many LPM is that at the brush head ?
Same Q to you Daz ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2018, 09:19:20 pm »
See this is my point , although its controlled however how , for 4.5k I would want a dial I could turn to get the temp I wanted at brush head , but from what I have just read its still down to so many variables .
Im no worse of with my L5 really , to get 35 at the head on a 5*c day with most of my hose out Im on the lowest gas setting , if its between 5*c and lower I just pick a spot no further than the first increment of the 3 only the boiler .
Its been the same for the last 8 years , and not failed or blown my eyebrows off yet , touch wood  ;D
I had been hoping to get away from the gas this year but funds and time will not allow !

Variables are ambient air temp,how much hose is off the reel,frosty ground,how long you've had the heater on for,starting temp of tank water,flow.....etc,etc....

You can't have a set temperature at the brush head ever....it varies all the time....
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2018, 09:24:38 pm »
For me today, I powered my heater down at 1:30pm, I had about 300 litres in my tank of 55 degree water.

That lasted me till 4:30 with nice hot water.

I really think having a recirculating pump is a good way to go.

Although I’m restricting the heat at one side, the other side is running flat out pumping hot water back to the tank. This means my heater isn’t going into shut down mode, and my coolant is linked to both heat exchangers, so less heat one side, more heat the other.

When there’s two of us working we both work on minimum and have nice hot water. If we run both sides on max temp, we still get 45-50 degrees at both brush heads.

If I just ran one pump off this it would be scorching.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2018, 09:33:33 pm »
TBH Daz you should be able to if you have the info to go on , more so with the tech you have !

Last week i got out the van , put my finger in the air and set the system up , gas dial on low , water dial on low , water flow to 1.7 LPM dragged all the hose off and within 3 minutes had 35*c at the brush head .
I could do that at any given weather condition as I have always been one for logging data  ;D

The day in question was 8 ambient , 12 tank , 45 out of boiler , 35 after 85m of micro  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2018, 09:36:03 pm »
TBH Daz you should be able to if you have the info to go on , more so with the tech you have !

Last week i got out the van , put my finger in the air and set the system up , gas dial on low , water dial on low , water flow to 1.7 LPM dragged all the hose off and within 3 minutes had 35*c at the brush head .
I could do that at any given weather condition as I have always been one for logging data  ;D

The day in question was 8 ambient , 12 tank , 45 out of boiler , 35 after 85m of micro  ;D

Difference is you probably only had 3 houses to clean that day.  ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2018, 09:37:32 pm »
See Jonny has it nailed , powered down with more than enough hot to finish the day , plus the added bonus of no more power draw and also the fact that any more van running is going to charging the bats  ;D ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2018, 09:39:47 pm »
To be honest, this is the only slight negative I can see on the grippatank system. No temperature gauge for the “output”.

It doesn’t really matter of course, as once your used to the heater you know what’s too hot and what’s too cold, but it would be handy to know in times of discussion like this.

Slacky

« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2018, 09:46:49 pm »
12 pages of NWH telling us how amazingly hot his water is, far hotter than Daz’s infact, whilst guessing at the heat the whole time.

If only there was a way that water temperature could be measured to stop all the guessing..........

He's already admitted he doesn't know how to measure water temp.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2018, 09:47:38 pm »
To be honest, this is the only slight negative I can see on the grippatank system. No temperature gauge for the “output”.

It doesn’t really matter of course, as once your used to the heater you know what’s too hot and what’s too cold, but it would be handy to know in times of discussion like this.

You just need a cheap gauge off ebay, the ones that go from hot, all the way to hot hot.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Slacky

« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2018, 09:49:02 pm »
If anyone wants to buy my old heatwave there quiet welcome for the DIYer 650 you can take it away all new internals with a new frostat controller.

How much?

P @ F

« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2018, 09:57:51 pm »
Im looking to spend 350 on my diesel heater , not a cheeky offer NWH , it may not work yet still unsure !
If it doesnt give me on demand for the van then its gonna save me a fair bit on heating the hot tub for next season  ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #253 on: November 27, 2018, 10:38:11 pm »
Did you not see the figure 650 that’s 650 for the cabinet new internals that’s diesel pump 300 on its own plate exchanger 200 odd burner  and motor 1000 brand new frost probe 100 odd diagnostic cable brand new,so make me another cheeky 1.

NWH

« Reply #254 on: November 27, 2018, 10:39:14 pm »
ALmost new frost stat controller full amourmed plated conduit housing

NWH

« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2018, 10:40:24 pm »
And I have a TDS meter with built in temp gauge

NWH

« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2018, 10:41:42 pm »
All the heater needs is half a meter of series 300 low voltage unit exhaust.

Slacky

« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2018, 12:03:11 am »
If you’ve removed it from your vehicle are you able to start it up and run it for half an hour so potential purchasers can see what ‘bang’ they’re getting for their ‘buck’?

dazmond

« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2018, 08:22:34 am »

like ive said im happy with my system rich....i do get hot water at the brush head most of the time just not when its very cold(2c-3c)and i have 100m off the reel....i lose too much heat from the hose...its warm but not hot at brush end which suits me fine,IMO you dont want very hot water at brush end on a freezing cold day anyway.....

i dont mess around with the temp setting anymore,i just leave it on full heat all year round,oliver told me its the best way to run these heaters when i had it installed........

dazmond

« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2018, 08:23:51 am »
If anyone wants to buy my old heatwave there quiet welcome for the DIYer 650 you can take it away all new internals with a new frostat controller.

How much?

hows your grippa hot system going matt?you had yours fitted roughly the same time as me....