billybop

Cleaners breakages & commercial contracts
« on: February 08, 2008, 10:11:44 pm »
Hope someone can help me.
I have been cleaning houses for some time and would like to build my business to employ cleaners to clean houses for me, I have gathered as much infromation as I can but the following I'm not sure of. so if anyone could advise me, it would be very much appreciated.

I have checked out inurance and found a really good one that covers all, but the excess is £200.00.
Therefore if I was to employ a cleaner and they were to breaks a vase at £30.00, would I take it out of their wage or would I the company have to pay it.

Commercial contracts I understand that they run for twelve months, but the only thing I'm unsure about is, if your cleaner is off sick and I the company can not get cover, would I have to give a credit them.

If anyone could give me advise on these topics it would be great.

Karl Wheeler

Re: Cleaners breakages & commercial contracts
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:42:02 pm »
Hi
We service and commercial contracts and the whole purpose of the client employing a contract cleaning company over employing their own cleaner, is that they don't have to worry about sickness or holiday cover. So if the cleaner you employ to clean the contract is off sick or on holiday you must ensure cover at all times. I hope this help.

Regards
Karl

Gerry Styles

Re: Cleaners breakages & commercial contracts
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:51:53 pm »
The idea of contracting out is that the customer does not have to manage the contract, so you would have to ensure the work is covered. In respect of breakages you can not make deductions from wages without express written permission from your employee. I am sure that they would not break items on purpose. No point in claiming as it only increases the premium next year. Just need to bite the bullit and either credit for the cost or give the customer a cheque. I have only had one breakage in the last 9 years and I just gave her the cash, for a £10 it was not worth the paperwork.
Premier Klean Limited