janis

Free trial Cleaning Visits
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:22:11 am »
Has anyone offered a free trial cleaning visit to attract new clients?  I am finding that discounts are not motivating potential customers to make the initial call. Any ideas welcomed.

*Chris Browne

Re: Free trial Cleaning Visits
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 12:22:52 pm »
Hi

What we do is offer a one off "Blitz " clean at the begining of every new contract (we send in a large team to bring it up to standard), we offer this free.

Chris

Bertie Boo

Re: Free trial Cleaning Visits
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 01:49:34 am »
I worked my butt off cleaning an office unit, i did it for over a year and was often told they were pleased with what i did. It always looked good (even if i say so myself).

There were three businesses in the office (all belonging to different members of the same extended family), it was the propriotor (Mr V) of the principle company who dealt with the facilities and what-not , and it was he who sourced the cleaners.

When i gave notice he told me that -against his wishes- it had been decided that one of the other companies in the office would take the responsibility for arranging the cleaning. The company they replaced me with was, apparently, very keen to come it to 'blitz' the office (it wasnt free AFAIK) to get it to standard.

I almost wept lol. Even Mr V said he couldnt understand it, but said that he'd washed his hands of the situation...

Of course the irony is that the company who was paying the new cleaners later folded (they owed the cleaners, amongst other companies, lots of money...) and, once again, the cleaning became the responsibility of Mr V.

Anyway, sorry, i just wanted to get that off me chest  ;D

How do you decide what needs blitzing?

Cheers

Bertie