dg-cleaning

help with pricing pleeeeze!
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:41:59 pm »
hi guys

Could anyone help me with pricing on this one.
We currently provide a cleaning service for a large construction company.They are very pleased with the service and I have been told today that people always comment abut how nice and clean the site is within the portable cabins :)
The guy who runs the contract said today that they are going to contact me in a few weeks about doing the cleaning for a new site also.
Only problem is that the other site is 40 mins away by car :-\It's an area which we don't usually cover but I really want this contract as it is a good one.
It will be cleaning 5 double stacked portable offices and toilet area's.It is a whole days cleaning for one girl.
I have no idea how to price this and I did tell the contractor that I may have trouble finding someone to cover cos oif the distance, he said "well just up your wages for staff and include in quote" seems straight forward enough but I have never done a contract this big before so could anyone tell me if these prices sound ok.
I am thinking of paying the cleaner who covers this £7.50 per hour so that is 7.50x35 thats £262.50 per week wage b4 tax.
I'm thinking of charging £15 ph that comes to £525 per week for one cleaner providing 35 hrs cleaning.
thats like over 2 grand a month, I have never done a big contract like this before so to me that seems staggering but I guess it is also the biggest private construction company in Uk so to them its not a biggee!Do u think that calculation is too steep?

Trog

Re: help with pricing pleeeeze!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:51:46 pm »
I don't know if you have recieved an answer to this privately but as no public answer has been made I just thought I'd reply. Two grand a month might seem like a lot to charge, especially if its the first contract of this size your company has received, but it really isn't a lot to charge at all. Never lower your price just because it looks high, if the quote is high it is because there is a lot of work.

The big companies can and will pay this without any sleepless nights. My previous cc had a few contracts of this size, one was for double that amount and it was a reletively unknown company (well I hadn't heard of them before I got the contract anyway).