grace

Help on pricing cleaning jobs
« on: May 16, 2007, 10:31:41 pm »
I am helping to set up a cleaning business,does anyone have any tips on pricing jobs for example office cleaning as opposed to house cleaning.I could also do with some information regarding employee job application forms,and client contract forms,where do i get the forms from?all help much appreciated

gemini1706

Re: Help on pricing cleaning jobs
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 05:29:07 pm »
Hi Grace, I just starting my own cleaning business after researching for so long. finally got the courage and quit my job two weeks ago so here goes nothing.

Re Information: I got a book from Cresta Publishing which was o.k but a bit vague and I got an e-book from a company called Start Up Enterprise which was very good - has loads of information about Domestic and Commercial cleaning so you might want to check that out. What I also did was called my competitors and pretended to get some information and got details that way  - it just helped me to get the right price for the business. Hope this helps

Emma Lou

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 12:55:06 pm »
Hello to both of you,

Looks like we're all in similar positions except maybe I'm a bit further behind with the process! Good luck to you both, I've just discovered this forum this morning and it looks like it will prove very helpful!I am interested in the books you have mentioned, the e-book in particular but I can't find it...any chance you could post more details?

Thanks,
Emma
Emma

lisafirth

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 08:49:59 pm »
Hi like yourselves  i have just started up a cleaning business, and feel a little lost. I need to get insurance, contracts a todo list. Where can i find these forms that i need? I went to the library to get the books but they cant find information on them so could you please send more information. Hope all of you are doing well any info would be great1
Thanks

Lisa
firth2@ntlworld.com

petejay

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »
Hi Grace. I have been in business 5 years now. Like yourself it is potentially very confusing out there. I would suggest starting with smaller jobs and work your way up. Very important to get yourself some liability insurance.....just in case. In my neck of the woods in Herts I charge £11 p.h domestic and £12 p.h commercial. I supply all materials and make sure you use good hoovers such as Henry,  or Sebo uprights. Generally I work on my own making a good living (although never likely to be a millionaire). Certainly I take on staff only where necessary and make sure that they are also self employed and have liability cover. A good accountant can help for around £300 per year. Also I have found that word of mouth is the most important tool out there. It is important not to rush out the door when the time is up,  even if it means that you are staying sometimes half an hour longer than you should. This ensures that you will keep the same customers as I have for a long time which means everyone is happy! Finally when pricing up jobs always ensure that you add time on to a quote, because if you get it you will always find it is dirtier and takes longer than you thought on first viewing. All the best, P.J. :)