richyvezy

Leaflet Distribution
« on: October 13, 2006, 02:05:15 pm »
Hi All

Anyone know of a reasonably priced leaflet distribution agent in the Newport, Gwent & surrounding areas ?

I've heard of people saying there's agents out there that charge £25 per 1000 but when I ask them who they are & tel no etc, they can't remember !!

After my recent back op I need to find a reliable agent to deliver some leaflets for me while I recuperate.

Cheers

Richy

gerrystyles

Re: Leaflet Distribution
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 09:54:40 pm »
I co-opted family to deliver mine and treated them to a meal after I got the first job

steveaqua

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 09:29:12 pm »
can't you post through royal mail? i think thats resonable although i haven't done it myself

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 10:18:37 am »
If ou do a search you will find lots of information on Leaflets.

The best method is DIY,

or DIY with a team so you can make sure its done.

richyvezy

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 05:23:21 pm »
I was getting our 14 yr old daughter to deliver them with a friend of hers but they were costing me a small fortune whilst not covering that great an area....(street cred and all that). Besides, I'm not happy with her doing it now that it's starting to get dark earlier !!

Royal Mail charge alot more than £25 per 1000 and I've heard that, depending on area and postman, it's not that reliable !!

I would do it myself, but at the moment I can't due to my recent back op so I thought the best solution in the short term would be to get a reliable agent to deliver them for me for a reasonable fee.

I'll keep looking, cheers guys.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:58:21 am »
I always give my ladies that work for me, a few flyers and cards for them to just carry round with them, you would be supprised how good this can turn out ;)

chris

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 12:10:57 pm »
Richy,

You can pay to have flyers delivered within The News Series (part of The South Wales Argus).

The cheapest way is to ask for target delivery in the Newport edition unless of course you want to get call from the other editions covering the outlying areas of Gwent and Torfaen.

Its pretty expensive, but you will be guaranteed the delivery and checks are done to confirm this.

Why dont you get in touch with your local Avon or Bettaware distributors and offer to post their leaflets in exchange for them doing the same with yours.

Good luck.

Kind Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 03:50:19 pm »
I would not get the royal mail to deliver them.
My brother in law works for the royal mail and i said to him about this and he said don't bother most of the postmen dump them as there are no checks and the get hardly anything for doing them.

Paul

the red carpet

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 08:01:19 am »
My advice to you is this,
All delivery firms however small or large, be it royal mail or your local newspaper will have good and bad workers
the fact is its a hard very boring job with little reward so most people dont have the motivation to deliver them, however some people are more than happy doing it, so to go to any agency is a gamble in my opinion.

The best way to find someone is to get in your car or van and take a drive about, it wont be long before you spot someone delivering leaflets, now if they have got a face like a slapped ar$e and are dragging there feet down the road, there probably not the ideal candidate so keep looking.

In time you will spot someone doing it with a big smile on there face, whistiling to thereself as they work, walking down the paths not over the grass, shutting all the gates behind them. Now this is more promising ;D

Now spend 10-15 minutes following them just to be sure that they dont miss houses, and then pull up and talk to them
pull out a big stack of your leaflets, and ask the guy or girl if they would be interested in making some extra money.

The fact is there doing it anyway and are allready happy doing it at whatever rate there being paid, so this money from you is a bonus.

richyvezy

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 12:21:20 pm »
That'll be 10-15 mins to give them enough time to call the old bill on me then, especially if it's a girl !!  ???

Nice idea on paper but not the sort of thing I want to be spending my time doing if you know what I mean !!

It is a minefield re getting reliable people to deliver some leaflets but surely no more risky than trying to find the right people to take on as staff ??

I was hoping that I might get a reply or two from people in my area who had used someone or an agency that were reliable and reasonably priced !!

I've recieved one number and spoken to the guy so I may take the plunge with him on a trial basis first.

the red carpet

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 05:43:50 pm »
Its your money, but this is what i would now do after loosing loads of money getting basically robbed by leaflet delivery firms.

Most wont take less than 5000 at a time from you so at £25 a thousand thats £125 plus the cost of the leaflets, i dont know what you pay but mine cost £80.

Thats £205 plus vat, how many times can you afford to loose that?

It took me a year to find a decent guy, and i tried every company going near me so lost £1000's

I wish you well, but if you end up as unfortunate as me you will have wished you had taken my advice.

richyvezy

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 01:36:02 pm »
The guy I've spoken to is a cash only type, no VAT and he'll deliver per 1000 @ £25 a go. He said he would/could deliver 2000 per week !! So I might select an area where I have friends/family living there and see how he does by checking up on him to see if he did actually deliver the leaflets. It's got to be worth a go at £25/50....until I'm able to get out and about and deliver them myself.

Red

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences and I'm glad that you have now found someone trustworthy enough to deliver your leaflets for you. But the whole point of me putting the original post was to hopefully avoid such misfortune and hopefully have someone in my area recommend a decent, trustworthy delivery person to me.

Richy

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 04:00:40 pm »
we just paid £200 for 10,000 and they printed them ;D and they are getting deliverd by royal mail now we will see how good they do :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Meridian CCCO

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 04:16:12 pm »
I use an old lady that delivers 20000 for £180 she has a team and hve been using her for 12 years.

chosker

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 04:11:27 pm »
Don't know if they cover your area but we use dor-2-dor (also known as zone marketing) they are a franchise and we have always found them efficient, helpful and friendly.

Marly 11

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 08:57:13 am »

I am in the exact same postion and have just had a quote for £500 rom Royal Mail to cover 18,000 busines and residential addresses in the North London Area, I am a bit skeptical having heard about that chaps Brother in Law Has anyone got any further suggestions for leaflet delivery in the London area your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Cleenco
"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"

vwm

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 08:28:46 pm »
our local post advirtiser will post 1000 for £18