divinetouch

office cleaning
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:06:55 pm »
hi all, i'm new in the business but have an offer coming up for office cleaing at birmingham area.
my problem is i don't know how much to charge to be competitve as they fail to disclose what
the formal company was charging. Any advice is highly welcome. thanks.
                                                                                                                   peter.

jeffrey.g

Re: office cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:42:44 am »
I might be stating the obvious but just think to yourself:
how many people per floor are going to be needed
how long it would take them
consider if you are going to include the cleaining products
and any extra costs
and how often you'd be doing their cleaning
Hope it helps
Jeffrey Guerrero
Serna services
www.sernaservices.com

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:18:38 pm »
hi there

how large are the offices, as a guide cost on 1 person cleaning say 1500sq ft per hour, this then gives you a basis to start from

regards

martin

sjg

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:57:13 pm »
I Know people have said on the forum that you cant rely state a price because you dont know how many cleaners are required and area and so on, but would someone give me a general idea for pricing an office per hour per cleaner.  People have said £14 +vat is about right is that to much or to cheap someone HELP!!

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 08:32:52 am »
hi there

charging
amount of time to do job times your hourly pay rate, add emp NI and holiday pay, then add machinery and materials cost, then add your mark up for the contract management, and finally your desired nett profit mark up, you can also add a line if you wishfor insurance, parking, staff training, unitforms etc,

sjg

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 01:42:01 am »
I have ben asked to supply a price for a cleaning contract in basingstoke, hampshire. The building consists of 5 levels including the ground floor.

Cleaning is to include:
1 x Male tiolet on each floor - 5 in total     about 12ft x 12 ft
1 x female tiolet on each floor - 5 in total      about 12ft x 12ft
1 x marble reception     about 40ft x 40ft
1 x extra disabled tiolet on ground floor   about 5ft x 5ft
13 x flights of stairs 10 steps each Hoovered
2 x Lifts hoovered and dors cleaned
5x Lift lobbies    about 10ft x 10 ft
Horizontal dust everwhere
Tiolets need paper refills and so on
Bins on each floor emptied and liners replaced

I have put a price in for this work but have not had any joy from the company.
I quoted £16.50 an hour for 2 or 3 hours a day, and have asked them to speak openly to me about the price as I am willing to make some movement with the impression that they would knock me down to more like £12 to £14 an hour.

The current company who they are looking to get ride of are getting paid for 1 cleaner 2 hours a night.  I have viewed the building and think that this is very little time to clean this amount of area that is there, however I would provide them with the same time (2 Hours a night if they dont want anymore)

Could someone please add there thoughts and suggestions to this so I can maybe rescue the deal or do you think I am beig fair.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

Re: office cleaning New
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 12:49:46 pm »
Look at the cleaning hours against the the square footage. For premises over 5,000 sq ft you should be charging for approx 2,500 sq ft of cleaning per man hour. If your charging for only 2,000 sq ft per man hour, your probably charging too much. If you're charging 3,000 sq ft of cleaning per man hour, you're probably under charging. Also check your hourly rate.

It should be £8-9 per hour for premises over 10,000 sq ft and £9-11 for premises under 10,000 sq ft

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 12:52:01 pm »
I have ben asked to supply a price for a cleaning contract in basingstoke, hampshire. The building consists of 5 levels including the ground floor.

Cleaning is to include:
1 x Male tiolet on each floor - 5 in total     about 12ft x 12 ft
1 x female tiolet on each floor - 5 in total      about 12ft x 12ft
1 x marble reception     about 40ft x 40ft
1 x extra disabled tiolet on ground floor   about 5ft x 5ft
13 x flights of stairs 10 steps each Hoovered
2 x Lifts hoovered and dors cleaned
5x Lift lobbies    about 10ft x 10 ft
Horizontal dust everwhere
Tiolets need paper refills and so on
Bins on each floor emptied and liners replaced

I have put a price in for this work but have not had any joy from the company.
I quoted £16.50 an hour for 2 or 3 hours a day, and have asked them to speak openly to me about the price as I am willing to make some movement with the impression that they would knock me down to more like £12 to £14 an hour.

The current company who they are looking to get ride of are getting paid for 1 cleaner 2 hours a night.  I have viewed the building and think that this is very little time to clean this amount of area that is there, however I would provide them with the same time (2 Hours a night if they dont want anymore)

Could someone please add there thoughts and suggestions to this so I can maybe rescue the deal or do you think I am beig fair.

offices?