RPCCS

Milk
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:32:49 pm »
Anything other than normal cleaning pre spray needed? Haven't surveyed yet but been asked to do whole carpet, and been told its had milk spilt on it.
 My pre spray is. Ocean fresh powder for synthetics and pre spray gold for wool.
Cheers Rich

derikraven

Re: Milk
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 05:44:26 am »
Just clean as normal as there shouldn't be a problem  :)

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:43:33 am »
Thank you Derik. Still getting the hang of this job, so you will all have to bear with me until I get enough experience under my belt . ;D
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 04:58:56 pm »
How much milk? A full carton in one place might have penetrated the carpet and soaked the underlay.... when it goes off it will stink. Ask the customer or if possible lift the carpet and check the back of the carpet & underlay
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 05:34:34 pm »
As mike says if it has penetrated the backing it will need more than a normal clean. In fact a  regular clean may make matters worse by adding moisture to the bacteria.

If it is a larger spill the procedure I would follow is to flood the area with Craftex pre enzyme pre spray, literally poring it on with a jug, let it dwell for 15 mins then extract with a water claw. Flood the area with water and extract with a water claw repeatedly until all of the residue has been extracted. Then clean the carpet as normal.  You can get all of that equipment at restormate.

derikraven

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 05:42:21 pm »
My initial response assumed that the customer had not mentioned any smell so I would have thought that perhaps the milk spills were only slight. Given the long spell of hot weather we have just endured a big milk spill would have been smelling really bad by now. Obviously if a large amount of milk has been spilt then further precautions would be nescessary to facilitate a good result.

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 06:06:46 pm »
My initial response assumed that the customer had not mentioned any smell so I would have thought that perhaps the milk spills were only slight. Given the long spell of hot weather we have just endured a big milk spill would have been smelling really bad by now. Obviously if a large amount of milk has been spilt then further precautions would be nescessary to facilitate a good result.

Not disagreeing with your initial response Derik, I would do the same as you with a small spill. Just adding what I would do with a larger spill, that's all.

DB

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 12:42:51 pm »
Waster Claw....pay for itself in no time