Steve N

Static Mobile Home's - Exterior Cleaning.
« on: August 28, 2006, 11:36:41 am »
Hi.

I have been thinking about targeting Mobile homes / caravan parks, to offer a van cleaning service, does anybody already do this sort of work, I would be greatful to know what prices to charge etc, I have a small light weight scaffold which would be ideal for access to the roofs.

I just feel there could be alot of money to be made from these parks.

Any suggestions please..    ;D

Regards - steve

TVCS

Re: Mobile Home Exterior Cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 01:27:31 pm »
We do alot of caravan cleans at a local park.
The park states in its rules that all vans must be kept clean and I think it is pretty much the same for most parks.  This park has about 200 vans on site.  The park owners actually got us to do the vans, we charge them and they charge the van owners.  So it might be worth speaking to the park owners and maybe agreeing a price with them.
  We clean touring vans (mobile ones) and it is good money.  We charge £25 just to wash the outsides.  £35 for outside wash and inside hoover and polish and £50 for wash and polish outside and full clean inside including appliances.
 Things to remember,  NEVER use a pressure washer.  Be extra carefull when washing the windows, on most vans  they are plastic and will scratch to high heaven with anything more abrasive than a sponge.  You can get a window polish to rectify scratched windows, it is like a t cut type product.  Always be carefull around the vents too as you will find puddles inside or runs on the inside walls.
We have found that Fenwicks caravan cleaner is a good shampoo to use and you can get it from most caravan and camping places or check out their web site for their other products. The window polish is fenwicks aswell I beleive. 
We have found that step ladders offer good enough access to the roof but scaffolding would be usefull too.

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck with it.
Ant
TVCS 

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Steve N

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 02:54:33 pm »
Hi Ant.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, info is useful to me.

It's mainly residential caravan parks I had in mind, the big static vans, not really intrested in interior cleaning.

It sounds like you do holiday accomodation caravans, I thought they have their own cleaning teams.

Regards - steve.

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 10:56:02 pm »
I would imagine the big static vans on parks would be the same deal, ie they would have to be kept clean.   If you dont fancy doing the insides dont offer the service in the price.  We didnt really want to bother with the insides but we were asked so, i do the outside polishing whilst my wife tackles the insides.  Which works out fine time wise.
The vans we do arent holiday accomodation as the park doesn't own them, they are privately owned but they pay to leave them on site.  I think that is the deal anyway. 
If you are aiming more at the static vans you wont have to worry about the plastic windows but I would still advise you not to use a pressure washer.
All the best
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

mike richardson

Re: Static Mobile Home's - Exterior Cleaning.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 09:35:53 pm »
i've been cleaning static caravans for abt 10 yrs now its a good earner, i usually do them on the days iam rained off from window cleaning, started with just a couple of sites now do abt 15 sites within abt 30mile radious, we charge abt £25 per van but was advised by site managers not to touch the roofs to much risk of leaking in so dnt do them we clean the spouts out with a pole with a hook on the end with rubber tubing over it so it dnt damage paint, we then wash with wax shine using car wash brushes then rinse VERY lightly with a pressure washer fed from an IBC tank mounted on a trailer. the sites book me or the owners ring me direct each year,go for it good earner,