nextline cleaning

Tobacco odours
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:16:37 pm »
Hi guys

I have been asked to clean a room (carpet and furniture), to get rid of tabacco odours. I plan on putting some prochem odour neutraliser designed for smoke in with the carpet shampoo and then spraying all hard surfaces with the same neutraliser in a sprayer.

Will this work? or do i need to buy a fogger which would expensive.

Thanks
Newbie, but learning.   
Nextline Group Cardiff

Re: Tobacco odours
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 07:14:12 pm »
Hi

Not sure if this would work on its own and the fogger route could be a little expensive and may not work either, there a re alternatives, you could use a chemical to break down the protein which is causing the smell. deodorizing maight only fix the problem short term.

by all means give me a call if you would like furhter info

0845 838 2156

Best regards Nick

rodcope

Re: Tobacco odours
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:12:39 pm »
Tobacco smoke leaves a residue on all surfaces. How clean are the oher surfaces in the room ? Including the walls and ceiling ? If there is a yellow tinge to all surfaces then nicotine removal must be done first, wipe down all surfaces with a damp cloth containing a solution of high ph hard surface cleaner. You could test the skirting board with this method does any yellow nictine deposit on the cloth?
Then and only then could you consider cleaning and dedourising the carpets and upholstery. If the room is badly contaminated then a fogger would provide a better result after thorough cleaning.