Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Truck Mounts 20X more powerful
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2004, 01:14:21 am »
If your thinking Lee Grundys TM plugs into the mains electricity well you couldn't be more wrong, its run on chip fat NO I mean petrol, Lees run on chip fat! ::)

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2004, 01:16:48 am »
For marketing reasons I use 17 X more powerful as the number 7 is a more powerful pulling number and is believed to be lucky ( i know it could be BS but I read it in a Peter Sun book )

Shaun

Dave Parry

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2004, 02:12:16 am »
Lee Stop exaggerating A Ninja uses 2 sockets =3 hp. so you need to divide 52  by 3= 17.33 times. ;D ;D
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2004, 07:27:02 am »
So Shuan is right to use 17.

What is this power used for.

Suck the Carpets, weaken the Fibres cause the carpet to wear out earlier.

Bit rough.

Carpets need to be cleaned gentery with care not brute force

The main reason for truck mount is speed, not customer care

Oh and to save my back if I had one

Lee

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2004, 07:11:10 pm »
Hi Guys.... So does a Ninja use a 3rd plug for its water heater and solution pump? This is getting really silly, but fun all the same!!

Dave Parry

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2004, 09:23:04 pm »
No the third plug is for the Kettle to make the tea to go with the bickies!!
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,

Lee

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2004, 10:36:07 pm »
Hi Dave, I see you are soon to be a TM user, what have make and model have you gone for?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2004, 11:24:42 pm »
I think Lee Gundry more than explained the multiples of why most TMs are more powerful than most other elecric machines,

Shaun

Dave Parry

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2004, 11:51:06 pm »
Lee,
Getting a hydramster Boxxer 19th Feb. Cant wait. Trying to decide wether to go for auto pump out or not. Craig at H/master says can manage without, fellow CC says its a must, so not sure. Have gone for a water softener as water round here is very hard. spec says its a tubular type watever that means.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,

Lee

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2004, 12:01:32 am »
Good choice. Craig and Martin are fantastic, the boxer is a great machine, love the new fuel tank setup. Backup is first class at Hydramaster and you wont regret it.

Lee

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2004, 12:06:05 am »
If you can, go for the pump out, no its no essential but I had it on my 450 diesel and its not worked on my 550 since I ve had it, and I really miss it. I need to get it down to Craig Iam sure sort it out.

Dave Parry

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2004, 12:31:45 am »
I probably going to go for it purely because of the enviromental concerns over disposing of dirty water. I think that to try and empty into a toilet without it would be difficult, and 50 + buckets is out of the question. Its just that its a lot of money extra, and I want to get a upholstery tool as well. Going to try a Drimaster while I'm down there to see what their like, but following prev posts fancy the CFR tool just a bit pricey.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,

Len Gribble

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2004, 12:34:18 am »
:)
Hi Dave

Your never regret it buying a t/m forget the auto pump unless you are doing flood work or you are using too much water (check the local legislation on this dumping) I take it that you are looking at a onboard water softener save your money and buy a home softener system, both will benefit. (Good sales people sell an audio system to the deaf)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2004, 10:06:09 am »
Ian, if you are going to post something don't remove it. it makes this post look irelevent ;D

if it has'nt got an exhaust, and does'nt sound like a planes taking off, its not a truckmount ;)

all these blokes who use electric truckmount are just kidding themselves, all they've got is a portable with some big tanks ;D

they should join the real men and buy the real Mc Koy.

mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2004, 11:28:35 pm »
Mike,

If you mean me my post about clockwork ( I mean electric truckmounts ) is still there.

I understand they are cheap to run and enviromentally friendly.

I doubt if the customer would know the difference.

Could run a Ninja from the van and disguise it to look like a beast of a machine.

Lee

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2004, 11:47:23 pm »
Again I say it. there is no comparison to be made, Truckmounts do less damage, because we dont have to scrub hell out of the carpet, they are at least twice as fast, so we earn more money and the carpet is far drier.... do you really beleive that multi million dollar corporations pour milllion upon millions of dollars into these machines when and electric machine can compete?
I dont really think any buisness minded person could really beleive that, its horses for courses. If you are happy making a living or should I say a wage, then thats fair enough.
Some of us ar looking beyoned that. There is nothing wrong with the higher end portable machines, but why limit your potential.

John_Flynn

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2004, 12:38:38 am »
Ian

I got an electric T/M, (when my van is fixed) a bit more than your disguised Ninja!!!

I doubt if the customer would know the difference.

Could run a Ninja from the van and disguise it to look like a beast of a machine.

Until you started to use it

Roots blower, upto 1000psi and a heater that I can steam clean an engine with if I so wished.

Just get your hand in your pocket and buy a T/M and then you would know what Mr Gundry is talking about.
I get better looking each day!!

Dave Parry

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2004, 01:48:27 am »
Pardon my ignorance but how do you run an electric truck mount, do you have a generator on board, if so must be quite big ?
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,

John_Flynn

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2004, 12:35:43 pm »
Do you carry a genarator for your portable??

I use the customers supply!!!

T/M power with NO petrol to buy.

I got the BEST of both worlds ;D ;D ;D
I get better looking each day!!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2004, 04:28:22 pm »
John,

I have no doubt that a truckmount is a far supperior machine, and shows that you are an excellent cleaner.

However I know most of you started with a good portable and considered you did a good job.

Hope you are back on the road soon