drive surgeon

turbo nozzle not working
« on: April 08, 2009, 05:25:14 pm »
i tried to open it up and clean it out but its not spinning properly.  it has stopped totally at the moment and they are not cheap/  anyone else have these probs?

drivewasher

Re: turbo nozzle not working
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:31:48 pm »
looks like i,m in for a bacon butty again then eh
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

thewaterwizard

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:35:38 pm »
hi ds
i had this fiddled about with it for ages in the end
i got two new ones and keep one as a spare

robin
robin

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:02:27 pm »
has it been dropped at any time, the inner jet on turbo nozzles are made of ceramic and can break pretty easily if this is the case then you will have to buy a new one
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Ged

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 07:03:18 pm »
if it's got in line filter , take it off and undo the screw inside then u can take out the filter cage and give it a good clean. the filter is best cleaned on a regular basis. it makes a vast difference to performance.

ged

mk1

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 01:36:38 pm »
has it been dropped at any time, the inner jet on turbo nozzles are made of ceramic and can break pretty easily if this is the case then you will have to buy a new one

i have had this happen the ceramic ball inside had a small chip on it.

it would not spin round game over  :(

drive surgeon

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 09:25:28 pm »
i worked out it was the actual plastic nozzle inside the brass casing that was blocked with something. only trouble is i pushed a pin inside it and the pin snapped inside so its totally ruined now.  :'(, i cleaned the inline filter which gets clogged up with crap so it could not be that.  when i pulled the cone piece out of the brass casing i could not see a little hole through it so it suggests it was blocked, oh well another 90 odd quid down the drain  :'(

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 09:56:16 pm »
Not an expert in this field, but I do run a descaler though my tm from time to time, got hold of water broom the other week jets block let them soak in rust remover done the trick with a bit of wire.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

*Derek*

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 10:34:29 pm »
I flying through turbo nozzles at moment. Barely gettting a month outta them at moment. I think my supplier must be buying a chinise spurious one. Where do people buy them in the uk? I might get a dual pumps one and see if it makes a difference......

Griffus

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 12:41:35 am »

stalwart

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 10:44:04 am »
i got my turbo nozzle from these guys
www.powercleanengineering.co.uk
must have done over 100hrs work and still going,good price to ;) plus if i remember rightly you can get a service kit for them to
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

stalwart