steve doyle

Re: do you guys put weedkiller on top of kiln dried sand?
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 11:47:00 pm »

Yes its preferable to weed kill b4 cleaning, i also find it speeds the job up when there is heavy infestation but if you cant because of time constraints its ok to do it after but i use sodium chlorate because its absorbed through the roots.

I would be interested where you purchase your roundup biactive justin as it sounds a good price?

steve

jjames

Re: do you guys put weedkiller on top of kiln dried sand?
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 06:05:27 pm »
Hi Ged

Sorry got my dilution rate wrong. Should be 100ml per 5 litres of water in a handheld sprayer or 200ml to 10 litres of water in knapsack ( I was not thinking last night ) anyway it should be a 2% mix for most situations. Obviously you would need to increase to about 4% for brush wood and brambles. The roundup biactive is a much more concentrated liquid than standard roundup so much cheaper to use. I get mine from mole valley farmers in devon, but any good farm supplies should do it. Don't get confused though with pro biactive which is stronger again and in most cases you would need to prove you have your PA1 and PA6 certs to purchase it. This is also twice the price

Justin