D.Salkeld_Ltd

Mixing Bleach & Cif!!!
« on: April 15, 2007, 08:46:07 am »
Hi folks,

This is not a proffesional question as I am not in the Cleaning industry, I am a Window Cleaner.
But My wife was cleaning the cooker at home the other day and uses a mix of Bleach and Cif and I wondered if this was OK or a dodgy Hazmat :o :o

We are all still alive and healthy ;D ;D

Just thought I'd ask you proffesionals opinion

Thanks

David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest

DREAM CLEAN

Re: Mixing Bleach & Cif!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 09:11:34 am »
Hi,

what type of cooker is it?
where are you using the mixture?

Nick

Kevin White

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 09:35:01 am »
Personally wouldn,t use bleach for this any way but the reason you are still grinning is that the bleach and the cif are on the same side of the ph scale alkali. Mix the bleach with an acidic based product, descalers, toilet cleaning products and you get a reaction, cough, cough, splutter, open the windows and leave the building.
Best advise chuck the bleach away and never mix anything unless its designed that way.
BE A WINNER
coming 2nd means you were 1st to LOSE

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 10:06:50 am »
hi there

mixing bleach with any product, is a problem, it has a tendency to produce gas, and usually chlorine gas.

if you are in an enclosed, un ventilated room, this will have consequences,  i have seen cleaners, in hospital after using bleach and toilet cleaners,

so dont do it.

infact bleach doesnt actually CLEAN, it purely stains the stain to CLEAR, therefore the myth about removing limescale with bleach is not true.

yes a lot of bleach is thrown around the kitchen and bathrooms, of many homes.

i personally wont have it in the house, ive seen what it does.

how many cleaning companies, have walked around a prospective client offices, and seen the tell tale white spots outside the cleaners cupboard., or the white lines on the vinyl in the toilet blocks.

incidentally, bleach as opposed to many other cleaning chemicals is now considered to be a HAZAZRDOUS CHEMICAL in the WORKPLACE,

point out to your prospective new client, that you will not allow bleach on site, and advise them to check their insurance.

regards

martin

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 04:06:09 pm »
I dont think his wife will appreciate you calling her his new client  ;D

ps. the only thing to use bleach on is mold

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 04:51:34 pm »
Thanks Lads,

Better not add any vinegar :o :o

I'll try to get her to scrap the bleach on the cooker top.
What would you recomend for cleaning around the gas hobs, you know all the burnt crap that sticks like our dreded bird poop ??? ???

Thanks

P.S. I am a Window Cleaner and in NO WAY interested in the general cleaning side

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 06:46:35 pm »
David,

you could try the dish washer

Nick

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 11:08:05 pm »
make the lazy cow clean up as soon as she makes a mess, before she has her dinner, just explain to her that it will save time and effort later on aswell as saving money on expensive cleaning products ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and then once you get up off the floor and put some ice on your eye go to the shop and by some BD200 cant remember who makes its a heavy duty degreaser but it strips paint!!!!!!!!  wear gloves, goggles so on and so on ::) ::)

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 06:57:36 pm »
why don't you just get a cleaning professional in ? get an oven cleaner in - they are only £30, do a good job and it keeps her in doors happy (sometimes anyway )

lynngc

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 08:51:35 pm »
get a cooker cleaner in.

when it's gleaming like new, fit cooking foil, to fit cooker top.
no more dirty cooker tops, just replace every couple of days. ;D ;D ;D
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

d s cleaning

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 10:25:52 pm »
if your going to mix cif and bleach why don't you just buy the product cif with bleach available from suppliers about £6.00 +vat for 2 litres