Rob@Blast off

Re: How to softwash
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 07:31:07 am »
That's cheap for a days hire, thinking about going for a 12v mazzoni boiler either 250- 25 or 200- 30 in a frame with fuel tank etc

Smurf

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 06:32:58 pm »
We had high access on this one, it's the first time using hot to remove algae and lichen, ( done gum removal ) so I didn't want take a chance that I might not have to get up close and personal.
I also hired the pw and they use some weird old fittings and I didn't have time to sort it all out.
Hire is a very reasonable £60 for the day

Darran

Thanks smudger. At that daily hire rate you defo don't need to buy a steam system for sure.  ;)

serj shergill

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2016, 04:30:40 pm »

Help pls, have tried algo clr pro but no joy, should I try hypo???

serj shergill

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2016, 04:32:33 pm »
Sorry about the quality

Smurf

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2016, 04:46:54 pm »
Black staining like that it's probably best to use hypo first as you will see near instant results. Then if you want once the wall is clean, rinse down and when dry can go over with the likes of algoclear for a risiduel type treatment to help prolong the growth coming back . Funny enough Algoclear also do a gel form of hypo too for stubbon black staining so they already know it don't work that great on certain black growth.

The likes of algoclear can take weeks/months to work on render properly and may need a repeat treatment and/or their gel used so how long has it been for you to say it did not work?

serj shergill

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2016, 05:25:12 pm »
1 week, yep I know about the gel, Francois tried to sell me some, but I didn't
 See the point as it's hypo in a gel form and you pay a fortune for it... I got to say I did think about applying hypo first and then the algo clear after a rinse...

Thanks for the advice.

Smurf

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:02 pm »
No probs  ;)

The gel form so say can be applied to a brush and brushed on so sticks to were you want it that's all.
I have some but have not had the need to try it yet so can't really comment if it's any good or not.

serj shergill

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2016, 08:58:23 pm »
What dilution rate should I use?

Smurf

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2016, 09:13:15 pm »
5% should be more than enough if scrubbed in. Then just re apply if need be but if say after half an hour it don't shift it you could try a stronger mix.

serj shergill

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2016, 07:18:00 am »
 Thanks

tom20001

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »
My god look at the devastation !!!

What will we do all that hypo has wiped out half of Norfolk !!! O hang on ! It's still all green, no nuclear wasteland... The birds have not fallen off the trees.. Hmmm... Never mind mate go a stick your big yellow helmet back on and do some gutter clearing 👍👍👍😆

Hi smudger

Sorry for tagging onto such an old post but im just planning on getting into softwashing.

Did you powerwash the above pics and then treat with blackwash or biocidal wash is it?

The results are incredible , fair play 👍👍

Smudger

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:58 pm »
Pressure wash then treated with Hypo

i apply using an x-Jet for large areas or ik sprayer for the smaller areas

i soft wash roofs and walls

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2017, 05:46:48 pm »
YeHaa! Ride em cowboy  ;D

Tom best you don't use an xjet on buildings as creates way too much chemical drift. Not only that wastes far too much chem. ;)

tom20001

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2017, 10:46:14 pm »
Thanks lads ..... very helpful as always

I bought a soft brush with fan jets , i already have a backpack with wpf so this kit is enough to softwash houses to begin with surely?

I purchased biocidal wash off benz and tried it on red and green algae on walls with very good results.

Am i right in saying the blackwash can potentially remove dirt on cobblelock drives etc without the need for powerwashing?

Smurf

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2017, 11:27:54 pm »
Yes a backpack and with a wfp is good enough to get started for sure.

Blackwash is just 10% sodium hypochlorite (also called hypo or SH for short) with a scent & soap already added.
Regards to cleaning cobble block with SH I take it you mean block paving. If so then yes it will to a degree depending on how strong you make the mix, dwell time etc. However SH will not remove weeds, moss etc from the joints like using a  descent pressure washer with a turbo would but will turn the weeds, moss etc white and a bit easier to remove by manual methods.

It seems more common now to use SH after pressure washing or even  before if you know what you are doing to help remove stubborn black spot etc for a cleaner looking finish.