Jamie Thomas

Re: How to softwash
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 04:28:49 pm »
Smudger the slabs and block have come out spot on. What strength hypo did you use and how long did you leave it on before washing off. Iv got a 10lt container from a local swimming pool place and that 14% 15% I need to do mine and I have some decking it's gone green and white have you cleaned decking and if so is it the same strength as slab mix. Thanks

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 08:58:18 pm »
I apply after pressure washing the drive is done using an X-jet ( no proportioner ) so 3 to 1 the smaller areas I use an ik sprayer at 2 to 1 I also mix in a detergent - cherry or bubble gum to help it stick to the surface.

Dwell times are usually around 20 mins - if all good I lightly rinse over if not spot treat any stubborn bits

(The 3 areas  used around 6 to 8 litres of hypo)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 09:03:30 pm »
Today's render soft washing....

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 12:02:28 am »
I love the slug trails on the 2nd pic... it's a shame you can't train them to clean the whole wall ;D

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 06:16:02 am »
Now there's a thought - a totally environmentally safe algae removal system   ;D

Darran

Jamie Thomas

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 07:24:25 am »
Thanks smudged.

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 08:05:14 pm »
For smurf  :-*

https://youtu.be/Ud5jaHKWIYs

Bit long winded, but you get the idea !!

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 08:33:41 pm »
Nice vid. Thanks for posting.
I could obviously see how it was applied but can I ask what is being used pump wise to get it to the brush fan jets?

Smudger

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 08:41:29 pm »
Yep ( happy to share  ;) )

A lookielikey gardiners backpack costs £59.00 off eBay - been using it for a couple of years now, just give it a rinse out and it's good to go for window cleaning or applying TFR , algoclear ( well a version of.. ) or yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa.....   ;D

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 09:01:39 pm »
Yep ( happy to share  ;) )

A lookielikey gardiners backpack costs £59.00 off eBay - been using it for a couple of years now, just give it a rinse out and it's good to go for window cleaning or applying TFR , algoclear ( well a version of.. ) or yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa.....   ;D

Darran

Many thanks Smudger  ;)
That just goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune on softwash kit.
Have you a link to the backpack sprayer you got for 59 off eBay as I need to get one as hypo would defo kill me pf trolley pump.

Smudger

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 09:21:51 pm »
This is the closest to mine
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sprayer-Back-Pack-Battery-Operated-16L-Litre-Pump-Garden-Weed-Killer-Knapsack-/191430851632?hash=item2c922afc30:g:S-IAAOSwPcVVya15

Prices go up and down, last week they were £69 - normally you can get them to drop a few quid

Darran

Kevin Miller

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 02:04:57 pm »
Darren how did you attach said sprayer to your wfp pole pal.  Great video.

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 04:03:00 pm »
Rectus 21 fittings 

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 07:50:05 pm »
Not render but softwashing with steam...

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 07:54:42 pm »
Then onto grafitti removal..

There was lots more but I don't think I would be allowed to put the pictures on a public forum  :o

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 08:01:05 pm »
Nice pics smudger.

Can I ask what you use for soft washing using steam as I can't see in any of the pics your set up?

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 08:13:54 pm »
I use one of those wallpaper strippers 😂

Yeehaaaaaaa.....

I've done a video, but need to edit it, it's not a doff, but IPC hot pressure washer with 'super steam' 130 degree option - works fantastically well, no pressure, hold the lance with finger and thumb if you want to and still direct it around, the easiest pw job I've done so far.

Darran

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 10:27:35 pm »
Nice work Darran, need to get some heat on the go myself but still messing about trying to find the perfect pump for my machine.

Smurf

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2016, 11:10:39 pm »
Many thanks Smudger. Looking forward to seeing the vid as I'm  guessing you used an adapted wfp instead of any added cost and time using access equipment for the higher bits.

I'm also guessing it's green in colour as just could make out a corner of it in one of the pics.

The lavor 21 lpm vulcano hot box  I have is yellow and is a peace of crap to be honest

Smudger

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 06:44:44 am »
We had high access on this one, it's the first time using hot to remove algae and lichen, ( done gum removal ) so I didn't want take a chance that I might not have to get up close and personal.
I also hired the pw and they use some weird old fittings and I didn't have time to sort it all out.
Hire is a very reasonable £60 for the day

Darran