Paul Coleman

Re: Office Cleaning Rates
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 10:10:10 am »
i charge £18 per hour,
using my own cleaning materials, equipment, supplying 1 toilet roll, black bags, waste bin liners.

think this is the going rate  down my area

lynn ;D

I'm very surprised to read that others do it for far less than you.  I was doing a PAYE job for a company who charged about the same as you (in the southeast).  I know because I saw their memo to the company when they increased the price a few months back.  The customer also had to pay for extra materials sometimes because the materials in the basic quote were insufficient.  However, they (and I) did lose the job recently.  I've no idea if it was a pricing issue or not though.

MrsMeredith

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 07:58:11 am »
I recently did my first quotation for a small office clean @£13 per hr. They currently have a cleaner who is supposed to clean for 2 hours every week but they have found out that she skives off early after 30mins and does not clean consistantly,,,,,,,,i was shocked when i went to quote,,,there was dust and filth everywhere ! But my motto is if you pay peanuts you get a monkey and thye pay this cleaner just £6 per hr,,,,,,,so she cannot be bothered and sneaks off and still gets her pay,,,,,,,,say no more.

Tracey.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 08:33:41 am »
I recently did my first quotation for a small office clean @£13 per hr. They currently have a cleaner who is supposed to clean for 2 hours every week but they have found out that she skives off early after 30mins and does not clean consistantly,,,,,,,,i was shocked when i went to quote,,,there was dust and filth everywhere ! But my motto is if you pay peanuts you get a monkey and thye pay this cleaner just £6 per hr,,,,,,,so she cannot be bothered and sneaks off and still gets her pay,,,,,,,,say no more.

Tracey.

I was surprised to read these sort of hourly rates because I'm used to charging double that £13 P.H. (and sometimes more) for window cleaning.  I suspect that the difference is that office cleaning companies tend to employ people and take a profit from each job whereas, with window cleaning,  am a sole trader.  Of course most office cleaners are only employed for a few hours each week and often don't make the N.I. threshhold so saving some cost.

cleanall

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 05:31:09 pm »
You really want to adopt a measure ment system such as that from i-Clean to standardise and professionalise your approach.

BSF

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 05:38:04 pm »
Are you on commission ;D
Regards

BSF

Perry

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 07:12:35 pm »
Cleanall

I was hoping that you will miss this topic. Shame on you boy

mfloresclean

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 07:10:02 pm »
here in phoenix arizona I charge 15.00 per hour my minimum is 30.00 then add in cost for supplys like paper product set a budget for customer like 150.00 this would cover soap,paper products, urinal cakes depending a much products they go thru this is how I place my bids

Marigold

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 08:12:09 pm »
Hi,
I've just been asked to quote for a doctors surgery.  They want 8 hours per evening.  They are paying their current cleaners £6.50 per hour 5 days per week because they are paying them directly, but they're getting a terrible service.  I want to quote for this properly but I'm really worried to overprice it.  What's the absolute minimum I should go for?  All help would be really appreciated.

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 03:48:38 pm »
Is that 8 hours per night or 8 hrs per week? If it's the former it must be a big surgery!!! I charge £15.00 per hour to include all labour, materials and equipment. Consumables ie. toilet rolls, bin liners etc are carged for extra.

Julie Board

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 07:08:26 pm »
We charge £30 per hour for 2 cleaners and we are inundated with work.  Some clients even provide their own equipment!

BSF

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 09:00:39 pm »
Is that 8 hours per night or 8 hrs per week? If it's the former it must be a big surgery!!! I charge £15.00 per hour to include all labour, materials and equipment. Consumables ie. toilet rolls, bin liners etc are carged for extra.
We charge £30 per hour for 2 cleaners and we are inundated with work. Some clients even provide their own equipment!

Yes but try charging that on a large contract, your quote would go straight in the bin ;D

Regards

BSF
Regards

BSF

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2006, 07:48:09 am »
Sorry, I don't agree with that statement. I have some big contracts and they are willing to pay £15.00 per hour, providing you put yourself across right.

D woods

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2006, 08:44:43 am »
Hi Karlno
You say you have some big contracts that pay you £15 per hour for office cleaning. Can I ask what you consider a big contract ?

BSF

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 04:47:54 pm »
Sorry, I don't agree with that statement. I have some big contracts and they are willing to pay £15.00 per hour, providing you put yourself across right.

Dont you mean put something in their drink ;D
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006, 09:47:51 pm »

Come on Karl, let us in to your secret, how can you charge £15 per hour for a large contract, because if I could I would be  very very rich.... ;D

what size of contract  (hours weekly) have you got away with charging so much for?

Regards

BSF

Regards

BSF

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 10:17:10 pm »
Hi Bsf
Look at my website at www.cleantechcleaning.co.uk for some of our clients. karl

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006, 10:33:50 pm »
Hi, one of the contracts is for four hours a night - 5 days aweek. I don't know about your area but here in Sussex we have to pay part-time staff at least £7.00 per hour so if you put cleaning material etc plus profit you can see why we have to charge £15 p/h.

BSF

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2006, 10:41:57 pm »
Karl 20 hour's per week isnt a big contract, I can just about get away with charging around £12 per hour for 20 hours weekly, if you quoted on a 50hr weekly contract it would be a totally different ball game, 100hrs you'd be down to around £7.50 per hour maximum.

Regards

BSF
Regards

BSF

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2006, 10:44:06 pm »
What size of company are you then. Do you have a website?

BSF

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2006, 11:00:14 pm »
Karl, Yes we do have a website, my company is big enough to be able to charge £7.50 per hour for cleaning services and make a good profit.

Regards

BSF 
Regards

BSF